|Joan Gore Krupa|
|Member of the Illinois House of Representatives
from the 92nd district
January 5, 2009 – January 13, 2009
|Preceded by||Aaron Schock|
|Succeeded by||Jehan Gordon|
|Residence||Peoria Heights, Illinois|
Joan Gore Krupa was a Republican member of the Illinois House of Representatives. She represented the 92nd Representative District for 9 days in early 2009, after her predecessor, Aaron Schock, was sworn in as U.S. Congressman for Illinois' 18th congressional district.
Krupa ran for the state 92nd Representative District seat in the November 2008 general elections, but lost to Democrat Jehan Gordon. However, in the same election, 92nd District incumbent Aaron Schock won the seat of Illinois' 18th congressional district. The 111th United States Congress was sworn in on January 5, 2009, and Schock vacated his state representative seat upon becoming United States Representative. The Republican Party, on the advice of Schock, appointed Krupa to serve the remainder of Schock's term in the Illinois House of Representatives, and she was sworn in about 90 minutes after Schock officially vacated. The term expired on January 13.
The first vote (HB1671) on the impeachment of Rod Blagojevich was taken during Krupa's time in office. She signed on as a sponsor of the impeachment bill and voted in favor of impeachment. Krupa also introduced a bill (HB6734) to put stricter limitations on payday loans in Illinois, but the bill expired with the end of the 95th General Assembly.
- Schock for Congress (2008-10-15). "FEC Form 3: Report of Receipts and Disbursements" (PDF). Federal Election Commission. p. 16. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- Colindres, Adriana (2009-01-13). "State Rep. Joan Krupa sponsors first – and likely last – bill". The State Journal-Register. Springfield, Illinois. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- "State Representative Joan Krupa". WEEK-TV. East Peoria, Illinois. 2009-01-13. Archived from the original on 2009-02-10. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- Vespa, Diane (2009-01-05). "Joan Krupa goes to Springfield". Peoria Rocks!. Peoria, Illinois. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- "Bill Status of HR1671". 95th General Assembly. Illinois General Assembly. 2009-01-12. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- "Bill Status of HB6734". 95th General Assembly. Illinois General Assembly. 2009-01-12. Retrieved 2009-03-22.
- Follow the Money — Joan Krupa: 2008 campaign contributions