|Education||B.A. University of Michigan|
|Net worth||US$ 2.8 billion (July 2014)|
|Spouse(s)||Preston Robert Tisch|
Joan Tisch (née Hyman) is an American socialite and heiress. She is a graduate of the University of Michigan and billionaire heir to the Tisch family fortune (through the Loews Corporation, which remains under family control).
In 1948, she married Bob Tisch. They had three children:
- Steve Tisch is a businessman who lives in Beverly Hills. He is the only Tisch child to leave the New York area and serves as the family’s point man in their shared ownership of the New York Giants.
- Jonathan Tisch is the public face of the hotel division of Loews Corporation. In 1988, he married Laura Steinberg, the daughter of financier and insurance executive Saul Steinberg, at the Central Synagogue in Manhattan. They later divorced. Jonathon is also an active Democratic Party fund-raiser.
- Laurie Tisch sits on the board of the Whitney and the Children's Museum of Manhattan and is chairwoman of the Center for Arts Education, a nonprofit group that works to improve arts education in the public schools. She is divorced from Connecticut hedge-fund manager Donald Sussman. She founded the not-for-profit foundation, the Illumination Fund, dedicated to serving the children of New York City with an emphasis on arts education.
- Forbes: The World's Billionaires - Joan Tisch July 2014
- New York Times: "Candlelight Wedding Joins 2 Billionaire Families" By GEORGIA DULLEA April 19, 1988
- New York Times: "Preston Robert Tisch, Owner of Loews Hotels and Giants, Dies" By DOUGLAS MARTIN November 16, 2005
- The New York Observer: The Tisch Family by Anna Schneider-Mayerson December 18, 2006
- New York Observer: "Laurie Tisch Illuminates Children’s Lives" By Ken Kurson October 24, 2013