10 August 1969
|Years active||1994 – present|
Joana Hadjithomas (Arabic: جوانا حاجي توما) is a Lebanese film director, screenwriter and producer. She often collaborates with Khalil Joreige. A Perfect Day (2005) is one of their most acclaimed films, and earned them the Don Quixote Award and the FIPRESCI Prize at the Locarno International Film Festival. They also received acclaim for Around the Pink House, which was Lebanon's official Best Foreign Language Film submission at the 72nd Academy Awards, but did not manage to receive a nomination.
- The Agony of the Feet (1994)
- 333 Sycamore (1994)
- Faute d'identités (Lack of Identity) (1997)
- al-Bayt al-zahr (Around the Pink House) (1999)
- Khiyam (2000)
- Rounds (2001)
- Ramad (Ashes) (2002)
- al-Film al-mafqud (The Lost Film) (2003)
- A Perfect Day (2005)
- Open the Door please / Childhood (2007)
- Je veux voir (I Want to See) (2008)
- The Lebanese Rocket Society (2012)
- Hillauer, Rebecca (2005). "Hadjithomas, Joana (1969–)". Encyclopedia of Arab Women Filmmakers. Cairo: American Univ. in Cairo Press. pp. 157–159. ISBN 977-424-943-7.
- *"Record 47 Countries In Oscar Contention" (Press release). Academy of Motion Picture Arts and Sciences. 1999-11-22. Retrieved 2008-08-20.
- "The Cinéfondation and Short Films Jury". Cannes Film Festival. 7 May 2015. Retrieved 7 May 2015.
- "The Lebanese Rocket Society". Abbout Productions. Retrieved 13 September 2012.
- Website of Joana Hadjithomas & Khalil Joreige
- Joana Hadjithomas at the Internet Movie Database
- Noorderlicht / Archive / Joana Hadjithomas & Khalil Joreige
|This article about a Lebanese film director is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a screenwriter is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|