Joanie Greggains is an American fitness instructor.
Currently, Greggains is the radio host of The Joanie Greggains Show, a weekend health and fitness program on KSRO Radio, Santa Rosa, California. She is also known for her long-running television exercise show, Morning Stretch.
Greggains is a former school and physical education teacher. Her first television appearances were during the exercise segments on "People Are Talking with Ann Fraser and Ross McGowan", a locally produced talk show based at KPIX-TV in San Francisco, in the late 1970s. She continued to appear on the show until "Morning Stretch" made its television debut in 1982. The show ran in broadcast TV syndication until 1995, moved to cable the following year, where it remained until 2000.
The show featured Greggains and her workout students in either a studio or outdoor environment (depending on weather conditions), with Greggains leading the exercises and bantering with crew members off-camera while working out. The show's success caught the attention of Elaine Powers fitness control salons, which was looking to expand its reach and strengthen its image. At the time, actress Suzanne Somers was at the height of her popularity and became well known for her health-conscious image. Because of Greggains' close physical resemblance to Somers, and her engaging, upbeat workout style, Elaine Powers hired Greggains as the company's Fitness Programs Director. Greggains' role was to develop workout regimens and travel the country to promote Elaine Powers fitness salons when not working on "Morning Stretch" or her other line of fitness videos.
She produced, choreographed and starred in 15 exercise videos, receiving two gold record awards, nine gold videocassette awards, and six platinum videocassette awards. Over 10 million copies of her exercise videos have been sold.
Greggains is a special advisor to the California Governor's Council on Physical Fitness and Sports.  She is the founder of Fit Camps, which features the Fat Flush programs and teaches exercise at her fitness center in Mill Valley, California.
Greggains currently resides in northern California.
- Greggains, Joanie, Total Shape Up, New Amer Library Trade, 1985, ISBN 0-453-00455-5
- Greggains, Joanie, Twelve Minutes to Super Stomachs, Metacom 1988, ISBN 0-88676-300-2
- Greggains, Joanie, Ann Louise Gittleman, The Fat Flush Fitness Plan, Contemporary Books, 2006, ISBN 0-07-144502-1
- Greggains, Joanie, Ann Louise Gittleman, The Fat Flush Plan, McGraw-Hill Publishing Co., 2003, ISBN 0-07-143547-6
- Greggains, Joanie, Romanowski, Patricia, Fit Happens: strategies for living a healthier, happier, fitter life, Villard, 1999, ISBN 0-375-50036-7
- Greggains, Joanie, White, Arthur, Back Health, Parade Video, 1990, ISBN 0-88149-364-3
- Joanie Greggains official website
- Joanie Greggains show at the Wayback Machine (archived November 25, 2010)
- Shaping Up: Elaine Powers diversifies to build stronger corporate body
- Joanie Greggains on IMDb
- Profile: Health and Fitness
|This United States biographical article related to radio is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|