This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
20 April 1983 |
|Height||5 ft 6 in (168 cm)|
Joanne King (born 20 April 1983 in Dublin) is an Irish actress. She is best known for her roles as Cyd (Cynthia Pyke) on the BBC1s Casualty and as Jane Boleyn, Viscountess Rochford in the Showtime 2007 - 2010 series The Tudors.
King is the second of four children, father Ronan is an accountant and mother Edel is a volunteer teacher. She attended St. Brigid's Girls School in Cabinteely and St Joseph of Cluny Killiney. She trained at the Gaiety School of Acting, Dublin.
She moved to London from Ireland to follow her dream of becoming an actress and was working as a BBC tour guide when she auditioned for a role on Casualty. She is most notable for playing the character Cyd (Cynthia Pyke) on Casualty. But it is her role as Anne Boleyn's sister-in-law, Lady Jane Rochford in Showtime's hugely successful show The Tudors which has brought her to international attention. Her character appeared first in the middle of Season Two in a small supporting role which was expanded for the fourth and final season which saw the downfall and execution of her character.
- Striking Out (TV Series) (2017) as Ada O'Melia
- Angel of Decay (2016) as Sande
- Massive (2008) as Nancy
- The Tudors (2008–2010) (seasons 2-4) as Jane Boleyn, Viscountess Rochford
- Trial & Retribution (Kill the King -Part 2 : 2008) -
- Shameless (2008) as Brandi
- The Omid Djalili Show (2007)
- Casualty (2006–2007) as Cyd (Cynthia Pyke)
- The Exile Files (2006) as Lucy Dillon
- Boy Eats Girl (2005) as a zombie
- A Midsummer Night's Dream - 2005 - Hermia - The Pavilion Theatre
- Hamlet - 2004 - Ophelia - The Cork Opera House
- Carolling Corlorans - Various characters- The Ark/Mermaid Theatre
- The Playboy Of The Western World - Honour Blake - Cork Opera Hs
- G.S.A. Showcase - Various characters - The Gate
- What The Dead Want - Common Girl - The Project
- The Abduction Of Persephone - Sharon - G.S.A.
- Appeared in the Brian McFadden music video Irish Son as a businesswoman.
- Movement (Adrianne Browne), Stage Combat (Paul Burke), Mime (Sharon O'Doherty), Basic Irish & French, Basic Violin.
- Radio: Romeo & Juliet, "Juliet", Arklight Theatre Company
- Dance: Modern Dance, Tap, Ballet (Diane Richardson) Accents: Regional Irish, English, RP, Various American
- Singing: Alto
- Forza Horizon 3 (Video Game) as Keira.
- Dragon Age: Inquisition (Video Game)
- The Secret World (Video Game) Moutemouia
- "Cyd Pyke". holby.tv. Retrieved 24 June 2010.
- "The Tudors". tvsa. Retrieved 24 June 2010.
- 'Charity cafe opens for business' at news.bbc.co.uk Accessed 13 January 2018
- Joanne King at imdb.com Accessed 13 January 2017