|Created by||Carlo J. Caparas|
|Based on||Carlo J. Caparas' Joaquin Bordado|
|Developed by||Suzette Doctolero|
|Theme music composer||
|Opening theme||"Wag Kang Matakot" by Shamrock|
|Ending theme||"Ikaw Lang" by Marc Tupaz and Maricris Garcia|
|Country of origin||Philippines|
|No. of episodes||108|
|Executive producer(s)||Joseph Buncalan|
|Production location(s)||Metro Manila, Philippines|
|Camera setup||Multiple-camera setup|
|Running time||30-45 minutes|
|Production company(s)||GMA Entertainment TV|
|Original network||GMA Network|
|Picture format||480i (SDTV)|
|Original release||February 11– July 11, 2008|
Joaquin Bordado is a Philippine television drama action series broadcast by GMA Network. The series is based from a comic book serial by Carlo J. Caparas with the same title. Directed by Mac Alejandre and Argel Joseph, it stars Robin Padilla in the title role. It premiered on February 11, 2008 on the network's Telebabad line up replacing Zaido: Pulis Pangkalawakan. The series concluded on July 11, 2008 with a total of 108 episodes. It was replaced by Codename: Asero in its timeslot.
Based on the comics series of novelist Carlo J. Caparas, Joaquin Bordado was published as a serial throughout the late 1970s to early '80s. In 1988 it was turned into a full-length film by its creator Caparas, with veteran actor and former senator, Ramon Revilla, Sr. in the title role.
A special behind-the-scenes of the making of the television series Ang Mundo ni Joaquin Bordado was aired on February 8, 2008, temporarily taking over the timeslot of Coffee Prince for that day. It earned a 27% rating.
Joaquin Apacible is an assassin masquerading as a sales agent. A family man at heart, he wishes to settle down to live a quiet life with his wife Sofia and son Jimboy. His last mission for a covert operations group is to kill the head of an illegal arms dealing syndicate. Things don't turn out as planned, and Joaquin is sent to prison.
Joaquin knows that his old boss, General Russo, will do everything to kill him since he knows vital information about the secret group. While serving time in jail, he meets Jilco, a mysterious man whose body is littered with tattoos.
Unknown to Joaquin, one of his fellow inmates is actually an assassin sent by General Russo to kill him. But the hero of the story won't remain dead for long, as Jilco revives Joaquin and gives him all his powerful tattoos.
With his new powers, Joaquin gets a new lease in life and faces challenges as the chosen heir who will continue the battle between good and evil.
Cast and characters
- The eldest of the Apacibles is an assassin for a secret service group. He masquerades as a traveling sales agent. But after he is betrayed by his cohorts, caught by the police and murdered by a jail mate, Joaquin's life begins to change—helped further along by him inheriting the magical tattoos of a Bordado.
- Iza Calzado as Sofia Apacible/Carol Aguila
- Sofia is the loving wife of Joaquin who only wants for her family to be safe and happy. But when she begins to discover hidden facets in the life of her husband, Sofia must learn to become strong—for herself and for her son. She is later revealed to be the heiress of Xelvarria.
- Eddie Garcia as General Russo
- Head of a secret service group who has sworn to protect the country no matter the cost. But unbeknown to most people, the country needs more protection against him than from him. He is grandfather of Cecile and Kevin. Later, when the Pandora's Box-like artifact exploded, he acquired an "ability" and desired to retrieve the others.
- The middle Apacible brother is a successful businessman, hiding quite a lot from his family. For starters, his business isn't very legal. He later acquired the strongest and most vile ability: to create something out of darkness.
- Mark Herras as Jason Apacible / Andre
- The youngest of the Apacibles, a rebellious teen who has a problem with falling in love with the wrong girls. The death of his parents may have scarred him, but Jason uses it more as an excuse to get out of trouble than anything else.
- John Regala as Cefiro
- Guardian of Xelvarria, a magical chest that contains beasts and other evil warriors whose only goal is to kill Bordados. One must destroy Cefiro first to destroy the chest.
- Antonio Aquitania as Kevin
- Cecile's brother, is a bully whose only purpose in life is to make Jason's life miserable. But there is something more sinister hiding behind Kevin's already rough persona. He later becomes Jason's ally.
- Renz Valerio as Jimboy
- Joaquin's son with Sofia. Though Jimboy is a nice kid, he always gets into trouble because of the nature of his father's work.
- Iwa Moto as Diane
- A dancer in a bar which Jason frequents. The youngest Apacible falls in love with her, but she only has eyes for one man: the eldest Apacible - Joaquin. She acquired the ability to create split images and clones of herself but was later killed by Russo.
- Ryza Cenon as Cecile
- General Russo's granddaughter and Kevin's sister, Cecile is a young woman whose life was upended by an accident that took away her sight. And while she is angry at the person who caused her blindness, she cannot help but still see the good in people, especially in André.
- The only remaining Bordado from the olden times. He meets Joaquin in jail, where he decides that it is time to pick an heir for his magical tattoos.
- Rommel Padilla as Alfredo
- General Russo's minion who will do his master's every bidding. But what the general doesn't know is that his right-hand man hides the ability to grant other people powers from the Xelvarria.
- Maverick Relova and Ariel Villasanta as Tom & Jerry
- Joaquin's inmates who became friends. They become sidekicks to Joaquin later on.
- Jun Hidalgo as Hugo
- Joaquin's friend, inmate and initiate against Russo & Cefiro's bad influences, he later became Joaquin's butler.
- One of magical tattoos of Joaquin, Erenea is a young warrior armed with swords and a bow who serves and gives advice to Joaquin.
- Ralph Padilla as Mico
- Gloria Sevilla as Lolit
- John Feir as Johnny
- Gene Padilla as Franco
- July Hidalgo as Preston
- Melissa Avelino as Andeng
- Bea Binene as Liza
- Jake Vargas as Baloy
- Mon Confiado as Warden Gomez
- Maggie Wilson as Brianna
- Gina Alajar as Dr. Regina
- Marky Cielo as teenage Joaquin
- Raquel Motesa as Daniel's mother
- Timothy Chan as young Joaquin
- Nonie Buencamino as Mr. Apacible
- Ella V. as Alcera
- Anna Leah Javier as Vexus
- Daiana Menezes as Ivarna
- Jenny Miller as Queen Elixera
- Leila Kuzma as Queen Agoria
- Rez Cortez as Chief Mendoza
- Tyron Perez as Mon
- Bambi Pereira as Charisse
- Cris Martinez as Jojo
- Ayen laurel as Minerva
- Shamaine Centenera-Buencamino as Joaquin's mother
- Anton Bernardo as Domeng
- Victor Aliwalas as Nelson
- Joseph Izon as Olsen
- Shiela Marie Rodriguez as Vicky
- Shirley Fuentes as Celeste
- Richard Quan as Ronaldo
Actresses Jennylyn Mercado and Cristine Reyes were initially tapped to play important roles in the series. Due to Mercado's pregnancy, she had to be replaced by Ryza Cenon, while Reyes had some problems with the production and was quickly replaced by Iwa Moto.
10 crew members of the show were injured after their L-300 van (TSJ-518) from Subic to Metro Manila crashed along the North Luzon Expressway (NLEX) Valenzuela exit on May 6, 2008. Rushed to the Orthopedic Hospital was Ronaldo Godoy; to the Karuhatan Hospital were Demetrio Macaraig, stuntman Danny Bragais, Abnel Severino, Alfredo Manzanares, Steve Esguerra, and Ronnie Santos; and to the Monte Clara Montefalco Hospital in Meycauayan were Alvin Tercena, Francisco Minarag, and Rogelio Elgacio.
- Robin Padilla gives life to komiks character 'Joaquin Bordado'
- Joaquin Bordado (1988) on IMDb
- Anak, tinawag na aktibista ni Binoe
- Pagta-trunks ni Sam, closed-door ang shooting
- Robin Padilla brings to life komiks character "Joaquin Bordado"
- Robin Padilla muntik maaksidente sa taping
- Ariel & Maverick play comic sidekicks in Robin Padilla's "Joaquin Burdado"
- Anak ni Robin, kasali sa ‘Joaquin Burdado’
- Ryza Cenon thankful for Jennylyn Mercado role in Joaquin Bordado
- Ryza Cenon and Iwa Moto replace Jennylyn Mercado and Cristine Reyes in "Joaquin Burdado"
- Iza, handa nang ma-link kay Robin
- www.gmanews.tv, 10 crew of TV show hurt in road mishap at NLEX
- www.gmanews.tv/video, Robin Padilla injured in taping stunt, 03/07/2008
- Santiago, Erwin (February 12, 2008). "TV Ratings (Feb. 8-11): "Joaquin Bordado" makes its mark". Retrieved March 7, 2018.
- Santiago, Erwin (July 14, 2008). "Joaquin Bordado" and "Lobo" end their run on a high note". Retrieved March 7, 2018.