View of Jobat dam
|Elevation||292 m (958 ft)|
|• Total||155,316 is total population and the city population is 51,000|
|• Rank||largest city in jhabua and alirajpur dist.|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
Jobat was a princely state of India, administratively under the Bhopawar Agency subdivision of the Central India Agency. The state covered an area of 339 square kilometres in 1901. Its Hindu rulers were styled "Rana" and succession was in the female line.
About a decade ago, Jobat was a small town which now has emerged as a city in Alirajpur district.
Jobat is located at  It has an average elevation of 292 metres (958 feet)..
Jobat is located on the banks of Dohi river. Jobat is about 184 km away from Indore (arguably the most developed city in entire Madhya Pradesh). Jobat is located in Western Madhya Pradesh, close to the border of Gujarat.
Jobat is well connected with Jhabua, Alirajpur, Kukshi and you can get daily transportation mediums to reach Rajgarh, Dhar, Indore, Ujjain, Bhopal, Dewas, Ratlam, Petlawad, Thandla, Dahod, Baroda and many other cities.
Meghnagar and Dahod are nearest Railway Stations. These stations are located on Mumbai-Delhi railway line, that blesses these stations with good connectivity with National Capital, Delhi, as well as the Economic heart of India, Mumbai.
Villages in Jobat area are now blessed with road connectivity. Jobat also boasts of highway connectivity via the City Divider Road.
As of 2001[update] India census, Jobat had a population of 9991. Males constitute 52% of the population and females 48%. Jobat has an average literacy rate of 72%, higher than the national average of 59.5%: male literacy is 79%, and female literacy is 64%. In Jobat, 16% of the population is under 6 years of age. According to the new data, the population of Jobat has now reached 21,000. Jobat boasts of a number of schools.
- Govt Boy's higher Secondary School, Jobat
- Govt Girl's higher Secondary School, Jobat
- Gayatri Shaktipeeth Higher secondary School, Jobat
- Saraswati Shishu Mandir, Jobat
- Anshul Vidya Mandir, Jobat
- Mission School, Jobat
- Govt School of Excellence, Jobat
- Govt College, Jobat
- Don basco school Jobat
- Brilliant public school Jobat
- Gayatri shakti peeth CBSE Jobat
- Anshul CBSE Jobat
- S.T. xevier school Jobat
- All India computer center jobat(maharishi Mahesh yogi vadik university jabalpur)
- Aisect computer education center
- Sky computers Jobat
- Falling Rain Genomics, Inc - Jobat
- "Census of India 2001: Data from the 2001 Census, including cities, villages and towns (Provisional)". Census Commission of India. Archived from the original on 2004-06-16. Retrieved 2008-11-01.