|Born||London, England, UK|
|Residence||Los Angeles, California, USA|
|Occupation||screenwriter, film producer, film director|
Joby Harold is an English screenwriter, producer and director currently living in Los Angeles. He created the franchise based on the Arthurian Legend for Warner Bros, Knights of the Round Table. The first film written by Harold, King Arthur: Legend of the Sword, will be released in the US in May 2017 starring Charlie Hunnam, Jude Law, Djimon Honsou and directed by Guy Ritchie. Harold is also producing.
Harold also wrote the upcoming Robin Hood, which he is also producing. The film will be directed by Otto Bathurst for Lionsgate Films. He wrote the draft of Edge of Tomorrow that got Tom Cruise on board and was green lit by the studio. He is an executive producer, with Doug Liman directing.
Harold runs Safehouse Pictures with his wife Tory Tunnell where they have a first look deal with Sony. Harold is executive producer on the ten-part television event series Underground for Sony and WGN starring Christopher Meloni, Journee Smollet and Aldus Hodge. He is also executive producer on Sophie Goodhart’s directorial debut My Blind Brother starring Adam Scott, Nick Kroll and Jenny Slate.
He wrote and directed Awake for The Weinstein Company starring Hayden Christensen, Jessica Alba, Terrence Howard and Lena Olin. The film was produced for under $8.6M and grossed $32M worldwide in theatrical and $23.45M on DVD.
Harold adapted Zack Snyder's original treatment Army of the Dead for Universal Studios and Warner Brothers, Frank Miller's Ronin for Warner Brothers, and the feature Twilight Zone. He is writing and producing a script based on an original idea of his own that Andrew Adamson is attached to direct called Fountain City, and is executive producing Mommy and Me (based on a story by Harold) for Sony with Meryl Streep and Tina Fey attached to star. Harold is also a producer on the I Am Legend reboot.
On January 25, 2017, Harold is reported to do a page-one rewrite for the upcoming DC Extended Universe movie The Flash, after the departure of its previous director, Rick Famuyiwa and the project put on hold.
|2014||Edge of Tomorrow||No||No||Executive|
|2016||My Blind Brother||No||No||Executive|
|2017||King Arthur: Legend of the Sword||No||Yes||Yes|
|TBA||Untitled I Am Legend reboot||No||No||Yes|
- "- Charlie Hunnam as King Arthur - An EW first look - EW.com". Entertainment Weekly's EW.com.
- Mike Fleming Jr. "Will Guy Ritchie Pull Sword From Stone After All And Make King Arthur Movie At Warner Bros?". Deadline.
- Mike Fleming Jr. "'Peaky Blinders' Otto Bathurst Eyed To Direct 'Robin Hood: Origins' - Deadline". Deadline.
- Mike Fleming Jr. "Tom Cruise Close To 'All You Need Is Kill'". Deadline.
- Justin Kroll. "Cruise cues 'All You Need Is Kill'". Variety.
- Mike Fleming Jr. "Safehouse Pictures Leaves Warner Bros For Sony - Deadline". Deadline.
- Nellie Andreeva. "Chris Meloni & More Cast In 'Underground', Kanye West Eyes Music Role - Deadline". Deadline.
- Mike Fleming Jr. "Sophie Goodhart Sets Adam Scott, Jenny Slate, Nick Kroll For 'My Blind Brother' - Deadline". Deadline.
- "Awake (2007) - DVD / Home Video Rentals - Box Office Mojo". boxofficemojo.com.
- "The Latest Entertainment & Hollywood News". The Hollywood Reporter.
- Dave McNary. "'Twilight Zone' movie finds screenwriter (EXCLUSIVE) - Variety". Variety.
- Pamela McClintock. "Lightstream in for 'Fountain'". Variety.
- "Tucci to Direct Streep & Fey in Mother-Daughter Comedy". TheWrap.
- Mike Fleming Jr. "I Am Legend Reboot Set as Warner Bros works with pitch bought in April - Deadline". Deadline.