|Native name||Jochen van der Steijn|
|Also known as||Jochen Miller, DJ Jochen|
|Genres||Trance, Progressive house|
|Labels||Mainstage Music, High Contrast Recordings, Armada|
Jochen van der Steijn (Dutch pronunciation: [vɑn dɛr ˈstɛin]), better known by his stage name, Jochen Miller, is a trance musician and progressive house DJ from Langenboom in the province of North Brabant in southern Netherlands .
He started his career under the alias "DJ Jochen"; changing to his current name in 2003. He began his career at 16, practicing his mixing skills at a disco owned by his father, where he went on to become a resident DJ. Two years later, at the age of 18, he had a residency at Zino's dance club in Tilburg, NL. In 1999, he won the Dutch Mixing Championships at Dance Valley, where he gained attention for spinning three turntables. In 2001, he became the first resident DJ at The Matrixx club, in Nijmegen, Netherlands. He has since gone on to play at various clubs and events throughout the Netherlands and following burgeoning popularity, globally as well. In 2008, his single "Lost Connection" was featured on Armin van Buuren's popular annual compilation mix album, A State of Trance 2008, thus propelling him to international recognition. In 2010, he signed to David Lewis Productions DJ Agency and in 2011 wrote the song "Rotunda" with Markus Schulz. which was debuted At Armin van Buuren's A State Of Trance 500, which was being held in Buenos Aires at the time.
His latest track, released on the 6th of February 2012 (on beatport) is known as "Wild and Perfect Day" was co-produced with Rank 1 and Sarah Bettens.
Stay Connected radio
Jochen Miller also hosts the Radio Show "Stay Connected", in which he plays the latest tracks of the current moment within the scene. The show is only hosted once a month and can be heard as part of Armin van Buuren's "A State of Sundays" Radio Show hosted on Siriux XM's Electric Area. His "Stay Connected" is a duration of 1 hour.
"Stay Connected" can also be found on the Dance Tunes radio website as part of a downloadable Podcast
The tracks that brought Jochen to popularity can also be heard just before the radio show starts as they are highlighted. These are tracks such as "Stay connected", "Face Value", "Brace yourself" and lastly "Lost Connection" as mentioned above.
- 2015: Fearless [Armada Music B.V.]
- 2015: A Million Pieces (Remixes)
- 2015: Fearless (Remixes)
- 2009: Jochen Miller - Brace Yourself [High Contrast Recordings]
- 2009: Jochen Miller - Red One [High Contrast Recordings]
- 2010: Jochen Miller - Humanoid [High Contrast Recording]
- 2010: Jochen Miller - 3 Days Later [High Contrast Recordings]
- 2014: Jochen Miller - Flash [Armada Trice]
- 2014: Jochen Miller & Dmitry Ko - We Back [Big & Dirty]
- 2014: Jochen Miller feat. Hellen - Let Love Go [Armada Trice]
- 2014: Jochen Miller - Bad Rule [Mainstage Music]
- 2015: Jochen Miller feat. Hansen Thomas - A Million Pieces [Armada Trice]
- 2015: Jochen Miller feat. Chris Hordijk - Fearless [Armada Trice]
- 2015: Jochen Miller - Turn It Up [Armada Trice]
- 2015: Jochen Miller feat. Simone Nijssen - Slow Down [Armada Trice]
|This article on a disc jockey is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|