|Born||October 25, 1995|
|Listed height||6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)|
|Listed weight||255 lb (116 kg)|
|High school||Geelong Grammar School|
|College||Saint Mary's (2014–2018)|
|NBA draft||2018 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Landale was an early basketball prospect in Australia, but gave up the game until picking it up again at Geelong Grammar School in Corio, Victoria. A growth spurt that saw him grow almost a full foot from year 9 to year 12 raised his profile as prospect and helped him secure a scholarship to the American Saint Mary's, a NCAA Division I school.
Landale was a bit player as a freshman, but increased his role as a sophomore and enjoyed a breakout season as a junior, in part due to improved conditioning. At times, Landale had dominant performances, such as the January 5, 2017 win over BYU in which he went 11-13 from the field for 26 points. He averaged 16.9 points and 9.5 rebounds, leading the Gaels to the 2017 NCAA Tournament. Making his numbers more impressive is that only one of the 351 Division I men's teams averaged fewer possessions per game than the Gaels that season. At the close of the season, he was named first-team All-West Coast Conference (WCC).
Landale scored 33 points and grabbed 12 rebounds in an overtime loss to Georgia on November 26. On January 22, 2018, Landale was named NBC Sports player of the week, after contributing 24 points and 12 rebounds in a win versus Gonzaga and 32 points and seven rebounds in a victory over Pacific. He averaged 21.5 points, 10.2 rebounds and 1.1 blocked shots per game as a senior. Landale was named West Coast Conference player of the year while his teammate Emmett Naar was named to the First Team All-Conference.
Landale played for Milwaukee Bucks in 2019 Las Vegas Summer League.
- Kroichick, Ron (January 13, 2017). "Jock Landale's breakout season heightens hopes at St. Mary's". San Francisco Chronicle. Retrieved June 10, 2017.
- Smith, Brennan (March 17, 2017). "Slimmed down Jock Landale leads Saint Mary's to cusp of Sweet 16". Salt Lake Tribune. Retrieved June 10, 2017.
- Schnell, Lindsey (April 24, 2017). "Can Saint Mary's center Jock Landale improve after stellar junior season?". Sports Illustrated. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Lunardi, Joe (October 23, 2017). "WCC preview: Can Saint Mary's -- or anyone else -- stop Gonzaga?". ESPN.com. Retrieved October 24, 2017.
- Tripp, Darnay (February 28, 2017). "Williams-Goss, Few earn WCC's top honors". KREM.com. Retrieved June 10, 2017.
- "Georgia holds off No. 21 Saint Mary's 83-81 in OT". ESPN. Associated Press. November 26, 2017. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- Dauster, Rob (January 22, 2018). "Player Of The Week: Jock Landale, Saint Mary's". NBC Sports. Retrieved January 24, 2018.
- "WCC ANNOUNCES 2017-18 MEN'S BASKETBALL ALL-CONFERENCE TEAM". West Coast Conference. Retrieved 12 June 2018.
- Mitchell, Peter (June 22, 2018). "Aussie Jock Landale to play for Atlanta Hawks". ESPN. Retrieved June 22, 2018.
- "Hawks Announce 2018 Summer League Roster". NBA.com. June 29, 2018. Retrieved June 29, 2018.
- "Partizan Belgrade signs rookie Jock Landale to a two-year deal". Sportando. Retrieved August 8, 2018.
- "„Žalgiris" turi pirmąjį naujoką – Belgrade atsiskleidusį aukštaūgį". DELFI (in Lithuanian). Retrieved 20 May 2019.