Scott as Dundee manager, 2009
|Full name||John Alexander Scott|
|Date of birth||14 January 1948|
|Place of birth||Aberdeen, Scotland|
|2005||Plymouth Argyle (caretaker)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only.
An extensive management career followed with spells at Aberdeen, Dundee (three separate spells), Arbroath, Dunfermline Athletic, Notts County, Raith Rovers and Stirling Albion. He also had coaching jobs at other various clubs in both Scotland and England.
Scott played for Scotland, Dundee and Aberdeen. He memorably scored a hat-trick when Aberdeen beat Rangers 5–1 in a Scottish League Cup semi final. He was capped twice for the Scotland national team in 1971. He was Soccer Bowl 1977 finalist with the Seattle Sounders (lost 1–2 to the New York Cosmos) in the North American Soccer League.
- As of 24 February 2013 (UTC)
|Dundee||August 1986||May 1988||20||10||6||4||50.00|
|Aberdeen||August 1988||February 1992||117||63||35||19||53.85|
|Dunfermline||23 September 1991||31 May 1993||8||2||2||4||25.00|
|Dundee||8 February 1998||28 June 2000||95||35||18||42||36.84|
|Notts County||28 June 2000||10 October 2001||71||28||19||24||39.44|
|Raith Rovers||2 January 2002||1 May 2002||17||5||4||8||29.41|
|Dundee||30 October 2008||20 March 2010||65||31||13||21||47.69|
|Stirling Albion||19 January 2011||5 December 2011||38||5||8||25||13.16|
- Caretaker spells not included.
- Jocky Scott co-managed with Alex Smith at Aberdeen.
- Statistics based on soccerbase information.
- No statistics currently available for Arbroath.
- Aberdeen (as co-manager with Alex Smith)
- Dunfermline Athletic
- Fife Cup : 1991-92
- "Former manager Jocky Scott has been named as coach at Aberdeen". BBC Sport. BBC. 14 September 2012. Retrieved 14 September 2012.
- Jocky Scott management career statistics at Soccerbase