||This biographical article needs additional citations for verification, as its only attribution is to IMDb. (November 2008)|
|Occupation||Actor, comedian, voice artist|
Joseph Francis "Joe" Alaskey is an American actor, comedian and voice artist, credited as one of the successors of Mel Blanc in impersonating the voices of Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Tweety and other characters from Warner Bros. cartoons, such as Plucky Duck on Tiny Toon Adventures from 1990–95. Alaskey was born in Troy, New York.
Alaskey has also done voices for non-Warner Bros. characters. He has voiced Grandpa Lou Pickles on Rugrats (inheriting the role after David Doyle's death in 1997). He voiced Lou again in the Rugrats spin-off series, All Grown Up!. He also created the voice of Thomas Timberwolf for the internet series TimberWolf, created by animation legend Chuck Jones. Alaskey was heard briefly as the voice-over announcer for the Toon Disney channel (and sometimes Dcom extras on Disney Channel). He was the voice of Curt Connors in the Spider-Man 2 video game and Doctor Octopus in Spider-Man: Friend or Foe.
Alaskey has been seen occasionally on screen impersonating Jackie Gleason, with whom he shares a physical resemblance. In the 1980s, Gleason personally chose Alaskey to re-record selected dialogue from the "lost episodes" of The Honeymooners found in Gleason's private collection. Alaskey also provided a vocal Gleason impersonation in the "Mighty's Wedlock Whimsy" episode of Ralph Bakshi's Mighty Mouse: The New Adventures in 1988, and a Cary Grant impersonation in "The Bride of Mighty Mouse" episode from the same season. Alaskey was in the independent film The Legend of Sasquatch and voices Mermaid Man in the video games SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, Pants! and SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab. Alaskey also voiced Stinkie in Casper as well as that film's 1996 animated spin-off, The Spooktacular New Adventures of Casper.
Alaskey is known for playing the role of Beano Froelich in the television sitcom Out of This World. Alaskey left the show early in its final season but made appearances in a few episodes.
In the 80s, Alaskey worked as the original announcer on the short-lived game show Couch Potatoes, hosted by Marc Summers and was a Panelist on The New Hollywood Squares starring John Davidson. Alaskey would make on-screen appearances, portraying the show's "next door neighbor." For the show's final weeks, Alaskey was replaced by Jim McKrell and the "next door neighbor" concept was dropped.
In 2008, Alaskey participated in a unique interview conducted by Logan Leistikow and released by TheYellowMic.com. He answered questions and told his story, then went out onto Hollywood Boulevard and talked to people on the street who wanted to hear his famous voices. This was the first time Alaskey had performed in public in this manner.
In 2014, Alaskey started narrating the television documentary series "Murder Comes To Town." The series airs on the Investigation Discovery Network.
- Who Framed Roger Rabbit - Yosemite Sam
- Tiny Toon Adventures: How I Spent My Vacation - Plucky Duck, Tupelo Toad
- Casper - Stinkie
- The Rugrats Movie - Grandpa Lou Pickles
- Tweety's High-Flying Adventure - Tweety, Sylvester, Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Pepé Le Pew, Marvin the Martian, Henery Hawk, Colonel Rimfire
- Rugrats in Paris: The Movie - Grandpa Lou Pickles
- Rugrats Go Wild - Grandpa Lou Pickles
- Scooby-Doo and the Cyber Chase - Officer Wembley
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action - Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Beaky Buzzard, Mama Bear
- Bah, Humduck! A Looney Tunes Christmas - Daffy Duck, Sylvester, Foghorn Leghorn, Pepé Le Pew, Marvin the Martian
- Tom and Jerry and the Wizard of Oz - Droopy, Butch, Wizard of Oz
- Tom and Jerry: Robin Hood and His Merry Mouse - Droopy, Friar Tuck
- Tom and Jerry's Giant Adventure - Droopy
- The Sylvester and Tweety Mysteries - Tweety, Sylvester
- Tiny Toon Adventures - Plucky Duck, Porky Pig, Sylvester, Speedy Gonzales, Wile E. Coyote, Marvin the Martian
- Duck Dodgers - Captain Duck Edgar Dumas Aloysius Dodgers, Martian Commander X-2
- Sheep, Dog 'n' Wolf - Daffy Duck, Marvin the Martian
- Looney Tunes: Back in Action - Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, ACME Chairman, Sylvester, Marvin the Martian
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Lights, Camera, Pants! - Mermaid Man
- SpongeBob SquarePants: Creature from the Krusty Krab - Mermaid Man
- Looney Tunes: Acme Arsenal - Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Marvin the Martian, Sylvester
- Lego Batman 3: Beyond Gotham - Green Loontern
- Kaplan, Peter W. (January 26, 1985). "75 'Honeymooners' Episodes Found". The New York Times. Retrieved 2006-11-26.