Joe Bini (born Giuseppe Gaetano Bini; 1963) is an American film editor.
Bini was born in San Mateo, California to Aurora Cerro Bini and Louis John Bini. As a film editor, he has collaborated with Werner Herzog on twenty-seven documentaries and feature films in twenty years, including: Little Dieter Needs to Fly (1997), Invincible (2001), Grizzly Man (2005), Rescue Dawn (2007), and Encounters at the End of the World (2007), which was nominated for the Academy Award for Best Documentary Feature.
Bini edited Lynne Ramsay's We Need to Talk About Kevin (2011) for BBC Films and Independent and American Honey (2016) with director Andrea Arnold. He edited the 2017 film You Were Never Really Here, directed by Ramsay.
He is father to Elia Bini. He is currently married to filmmaker Maya Hawke.
Sundance Film Festival
Won Primetime Emmy in 2009 for Outstanding Writing For Non Fiction Programming for his work on Roman Polanski: Wanted and Desired. Also nominated that year for Outstanding Picture Editing for Nonfiction Programming for the same film.
Cannes Film Festival
Was awarded Prix Vulcain de L’Artiste-Technicien, Special Distinction at Cannes Film Festival 2011 for his work on We Need to Talk About Kevin.
- Maslin, Janet (8 April 1998). "FILM REVIEW; Eating Glue and Biting a Snake". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 11 July 2012.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2009-07-09. Retrieved 2009-08-15.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
- Holden, Stephen (20 September 2002). "FILM REVIEW; Cold Master of Trickery, Political and Otherwise". The New York Times. Archived from the original on 11 July 2012.
- Dargis, Manohla. "Movies: AboutJoe Bini". The New York Times. Retrieved 6 May 2010.
- Staff (23 April 2010). ""We Need to talk About Kevin" starts filming this week". HollywoodNews.com. Retrieved 24 April 2010.
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on 2008-05-28. Retrieved 2008-05-24.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)
|This article about a film editor is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|