Joe Brady (American football coach)
|Born:||September 23, 1989|
Miami Lakes, Florida
|High school:||Everglades (Miramar, FL)|
|College:||William & Mary (B.S.) |
Penn State (M.Ed.)
|As a coach:|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Coaching stats at PFR|
Joseph Brady (born September 23, 1989) is an American football coach, the offensive coordinator for the Carolina Panthers of the National Football League (NFL) since 2020. He was a passing game coordinator and wide receiver coach for the LSU Tigers during the 2019 season, winning the Broyles Award for the best assistant coach in college football, and an offensive assistant for the New Orleans Saints from 2017 to 2018.
Son of Joe and Jodi, brother of Jacey (former Miami Dolphins cheerleader), Brady born in Miami Lakes, Florida and grew up in Pembroke Pines, Florida where he was a four-year letterwinner as a wide receiver at Everglades High School.
New Orleans Saints
In 2019, Brady joined head coach Ed Orgeron and the LSU Tigers as their passing game coordinator and wide receivers coach. Recognized as the top assistant coach during the 2019 college football season, Brady was honored with the 24th annual Broyles Award. Subsequently, he emerged as a leading candidate for numerous offensive coordinator vacancies in the NFL, but eventually agreed to a three-year contract extension with LSU.
On January 16, 2020, Brady was hired by the Carolina Panthers as their offensive coordinator under head coach Matt Rhule. The Panthers were selected to coach in the 2021 Senior Bowl, but Brady missed the game due to COVID-19 protocols.
- Henson, Max (January 16, 2020). "Panthers hire Joe Brady as offensive coordinator". Panthers.com.
- Kubena, Brooks."LSU formally announces the hiring of Joe Brady as passing game coordinator", The Advocate, January 28, 2019, retrieved January 30, 2019.
- Bonnette, Michael (January 28, 2019). "Joe Brady Named to Football Staff". lsusports.net. Retrieved January 30, 2019.
- "Joe Brady Joins Philadelphia Eagles Football Coaching Staff as OC in 2020". TribeAthletics.com. July 10, 2013. Archived from the original on January 30, 2019. Retrieved January 30, 2019.
- "2019 Broyles Award Winner". www.broylesfoundation.org. The Broyles Foundation. December 10, 2019. Archived from the original on January 7, 2020. Retrieved January 7, 2020.
- "Report: LSU's Joe Brady top choice for NFL offensive coordinator position". The Advocate. December 30, 2019.
- "Gauging the Futures Market for Joe Brady, College Football's Hottest Assistant". Sports Illustrated. January 9, 2020.
- "Sources: Joe Brady Agrees to Contract Extension With LSU". Sports Illustrated. January 11, 2020.
- "Panthers add two to coaching staff, part ways with D-Line coach". Panthers.com. January 25, 2021. Retrieved March 6, 2021.