Joe Burton (basketball)
|No. 11 – ADA Blois|
|League||LNB Pro A|
|Born||November 2, 1990|
|Listed height||6 ft 7 in (2.01 m)|
|Listed weight||288 lb (131 kg)|
|High school||West Valley (Hemet, California)|
|College||Oregon State (2009–2013)|
|NBA draft||2013 / Undrafted|
|Career highlights and awards|
Joe Burton (born November 2, 1990) is an American professional basketball player for ADA Blois of the French LNB Pro A. He played four seasons collegiate for the Oregon State Beavers men's basketball team. He usually plays as center or power forward.
Burton played collegiate for the Oregon State Beavers. A member of one of the Luiseño Native American tribes of southern California, he was the first Native American male to earn a basketball scholarship at a Pac-10 Conference (now Pac-12) school. In Burton's senior year at college he averaged 11.0 ppg and 6.4 rpg in 32 games. He is the only Oregon State player to record over 1,000 points, 700 rebounds and 300 assists.
For the 2014–15 season, Burton signed with Landstede Basketbal. At the end of the regular season, Burton won the DBL Statistical Player of the Year Award and was named to the All-DBL Team and DBL All-Defense Team.
- Rosenbaum, Cary (December 3, 2015). "Eight Native ballers you need to know better". Indian Country Today Media Network. Retrieved April 14, 2016.
- "Joe Burton goes pro with Aalborg Vikings". court-side.com. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "Zwaargewicht Burton naar Landstede Basketbal". De Stentor (web). Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "Landstede Basketbal". landstede-basketbal.nl. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "Evreux adds Burton to their roster, ex Zwolle - eurobasket News". www.eurobasket.com. Retrieved 27 June 2015.
- "JOE BURTON CHOISIT ROANNE". bebasket.fr. 4 August 2016. Retrieved 21 December 2016.
- "Joe Burton signs with ADA Blois". Retrieved 10 July 2018.