Hazard, Kentucky, United States
|Residence||Tulsa, Oklahoma, United States|
|Alma mater||University of Kentucky|
|Employer||Alliance Resource Partners, L.P.|
|Net worth||US$1.4 billion (February 2011)|
Joseph "Joe" Craft III (born 1950), a Kentucky native, is an American businessman and philanthropist. He is the president and chief executive officer of Alliance Resource Partners, L.P., the third-largest coal producer in the eastern United States.
Craft received an undergraduate degree in accounting in 1972 from the University of Kentucky before earning a law degree in 1976. During his time at the University of Kentucky, Craft was a member of the Sigma Alpha Epsilon fraternity.
The Joe Craft Center, a state-of-the-art basketball practice facility for the Kentucky Wildcats men's and women's basketball teams was named for him after he pledged $6 million toward the completion of the project. This was the largest private gift in the history of UK Athletics.
- The University of Tulsa, Collins College of Business - 2008 Outstanding Business Leader
- 2007 City of Tulsa Oklahoma - Hall of Fame
- Ernst & Young Entrepreneur of the Year for the Southwest Region energy, chemical, and mining category
- "Joseph W. Craft Profile". Forbes. Retrieved 19 February 2011.
- "Hazard native gives generously to UK". Hazard Herald. 18 July 2013. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Alliance Resource Partners, L.P. Announces Acquisition of Coal Supply Agreements from Affiliate of Patriot Coal Corporation". Business Wire. 2 January 2015. Retrieved 13 April 2012.
- "UK Athletics Receives Record Gift". The University of Kentucky. 18 August 2006. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- "Billionaire Joe Craft at nexus of Kentucky basketball, coal and politics". Lexington Herald-Leader. 4 November 2012. Retrieved 13 April 2015.
- Joseph W. Craft III - 2008 Outstanding Business Leader
- "Alliance Exec Among Regional Honorees". Tulsa World. Retrieved 13 April 2015.