||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's notability guideline for biographies. (December 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Dallas is founder of Genesis Counseling in Tustin, California, which specializes in conversion therapy. Dallas is the keynote speaker at one of the monthly weekend retreats on sexual purity titled "Every Man's Battle" (sponsored by New Life Ministries). Dallas focuses on healing "Sexual Addiction, Responding to Pro-gay Theology, Ministering to Parents of Lesbians/Gays, Developing Ministerial Responses to Homosexuals, Apologetics Approaches to the ‘Gay Debate’" He has also written three books and discussed them in the media.
Genesis Counseling claims that homosexuality can be altered and that they are "Reclaiming Godly Sexuality through the Saving Work of Jesus Christ, The Sancifying Work of the Holy Spirit and the Body Ministry of the Christian Church." Dallas frequently denounces gay rights movements as part of the "homosexual agenda", claiming "I’m not sure we can defeat the pro-gay lobby or prevent their goals from being achieved. But win or lose, I don’t want to stand before God and say I did nothing when I had the opportunity to fight."
Dallas has encouraged Exodus International to oppose measures outlawing discrimination based on sexual orientation. He served for three years as Chair of the Exodus International Board of Directors and is a member of the American Association of Christian Counselors.
- Desires in Conflict: Hope for Men Who Struggle with Sexual Identity (2003) ISBN 978-0-7369-1211-2
- When Homosexuality Hits Home: What to Do When a Loved One Says They're Gay (2004) ISBN 978-0-7369-1201-3
- The Gay Gospel?: How Pro-Gay Advocates Misread the Bible (2007) ISBN 978-0-7369-1834-3
- Joe Dallas l Genesis Counseling l Sexual Addiction Recovery
- "‘Love Won Out’ conference coming to Southern California". Christian Examiner. September 2007. Archived from the original on 2011-09-29.
- Exodus International - Joe Dallas
- "Pro-Homosexual Theology". North Carolina Family Policy Council. September 1, 2007.
- Kwon, Lillian (June 25, 2007). "Exodus Freedom Speaker Warns of 'The Gay Gospel'". Christian Post.
- Joe Dallas to Exodus Ministries: Fight Gays. Discriminate. by: Mike Airhart http://www.exgaywatch.com/wp/2005/05/joe-dallas-to-e/