||The topic of this article may not meet Wikipedia's general notability guideline. (February 2017) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Portrait of Joe Doucet
Early life and education
Doucet was born in Houston, Texas to an artist mother and an iron-worker father. He grew up in the city of Terrell, Texas. In 1999, Doucet completed his studies at Art Center College of Design in the field of Communication Design.
Doucet began his career in advertising working primarily as a graphic designer for which he has received numerous awards. His portfolio encompasses furniture, consumer electronics, corporate identity, jewelry, fashion, technology, children’s toys, photography, renewable energy and architecture. In 2016, Doucet launched Othr, a homewares brand that collaborates with leading international designers to create new products using cutting-edge technologies like 3D printing.
- Thompson, Henrietta. "Is OTHR the future of 3D printed homeware?". The Telegraph. Telegraph Luxury. Retrieved 18 February 2017.
- The New York Times (December 2011)
- AmoTV, Interview (April 2012)
- Fast Company Magazine (October 2011)
- Interview, Yanko Design (September 2011)
- Young Designers Americas Hardcover: Publisher: daab; Mul edition (June 2006), ISBN 3-937718-40-0
- Pure Design - Objetos de Deseo Hardcover: 256 pages, Publisher: Monsa (May 2006), Language: Spanish, ISBN 84-96429-31-8
- Food Design Hardcover: 400 pages, Publisher: Te Neues Publishing Company (January 30, 2006), ISBN 3-8327-9053-5
- Circles and Dots Publisher: RotoVision (October 1, 2006), Language: English, ISBN 2-940361-16-9
- The National, UAE
- Fast Company
- Work Inspiration with Joe Doucet - Interview on Workspiration.org