|Position:||President & CEO|
|Born:||November 16, 1958|
|College:||Colorado College (B.A., 1980)|
Northwestern University (M.A., 1988)
Ellis received his bachelor's degree from Colorado College in 1980. He attended graduate school at the L. Kellogg School of Management at Northwestern University to obtain his Master's Degree. Joe graduated from Northwestern in 1988.
Ellis began his career in the NFL with the Denver Broncos as their Director of Marketing from 1983 to 1985. After obtaining his masters degree, he served the league as Vice President of Club Administration and Stadium Management until rejoining the Broncos in 1998 as their Executive Vice President of Business Operations. Joe acted in this capacity for 10 years. In 2008 Joe became the team's Chief Operating Officer. He maintained this position for 3 seasons, until January 5, 2011. After 13 years with the Denver Broncos organization, he was elevated to the position of President of the Denver Broncos. After owner and previous president Pat Bowlen was diagnosed with Alzheimer's disease, Ellis took control.
Ellis lives in Denver, Colorado, with his wife, Ann. They have three children: two sons, Si and Zander, and a daughter, Catherine. He is also a member of the Bush family through his mother Nancy Walker Bush Ellis, as well as the nephew of former President George H. W. Bush and first cousin of former President George W. Bush and cousin to Billy Bush of Access Hollywood.
Awards and honors
- Two-time Super Bowl champion (XXXIII, 50) - as an executive with the Denver Broncos
- Named ColoradoBiz’s CEO of the Year in 2017
- Inducted into the Denver and Colorado Tourism Hall of Fame in 2017
- (PDF) https://cryptome.org/2015/05/Guccifer-Bush-Dynasty-Family-Tree.pdf. Missing or empty
- "Joe Ellis–Staff Directory". Denver Broncos. Retrieved January 26, 2016.
- Klis, Mike (November 2, 2008). "Ellis keeps Bush connection quiet". The Denver Post. Retrieved January 26, 2016.