Joe Forehand is an American business executive and a member of the board of directors of First Data. Before joining First Data he served as a chairman and CEO of Accenture. He became CEO in November 1999, and chairman in February 2001.
Forehand was born in Alexander City, Alabama. In 1971 he graduated with a bachelor's degree in industrial engineering from Auburn University where he was a member of the Pi Kappa Phi fraternity. Forehand received his MBA in industrial administration from the Krannert School of Management at Purdue University, West Lafayette, Indiana.
In an Accenture internal memo and corresponding press release in April 2004, the Accenture board of directors announced that Forehand would relinquish the office of CEO in September 2004. William D. Green assumed the job of CEO effective that same month.
In 2006, Forehand retired from Accenture, ending his term as chairman and 33 years with the firm. He became a member of Aricent's board later in the year.
From 2007 to 2015 he was a director of Auburn University Foundation.
- "Joe W. Forehand | First Data". www.firstdata.com. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- Longwell, John. "Joseph Forehand, CEO, Accenture". CRN. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "Accenture Chairman and CEO Joe W. Forehand to Step Down as CEO; Will Retain Position of Chairman | Accenture Newsroom". newsroom.accenture.com. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- Dignan, Larry. "First Data names Forehand CEO; Capellas steps back". ZDNet. CBS Interactive. Retrieved 8 September 2011.
- "About Joe W. Forehand". www.eng.auburn.edu. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "2005 Honorary Degree Joe W. Forehand, Jr". news.uns.purdue.edu. Retrieved 2018-05-18.
- "Past Leadership – Auburn University Foundation". www.auburnuniversityfoundation.org. Retrieved 2018-05-17.
- Press Release 09/05/06 
|This article about a United States businessperson is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|