This article has multiple issues. Please help improve it or discuss these issues on the talk page. (Learn how and when to remove these template messages)(Learn how and when to remove this template message)
Joe Goldblatt, EdD, FRSA
|Born||June 4, 1952|
|Institution||Queen Margaret University|
|Alma mater||The George Washington University (Ed.D.; MTA)|
St. Edward's University (B.A.)
|Contributions||Founding president, International Special Events Society, founding author, Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) certification examination, author, co-author and editor of 30 books in the field of special events. Queen Margaret University Student Union Most Memorable Teaching Moment Award (2012)|
|Awards||International Festivals and Events Association (Hall of Fame 2008)|
St. Edward’s University (Distinguished Alumnus 2008) )
Professional Convention Management Association (Event Educator of the Year 2007)
Creative Marketing Laboratory of Russia (Silver Medal 2005)
Special Events Magazine (Special Events Industry Hall of Fame 2002) )
International Special Events Society (Lifetime Achievement Award 1997)
Dr. Joe Goldblatt, FRSA, is executive director of the International Centre for the Study of Planned Events and a professor at Queen Margaret University in Edinburgh, Scotland in the Tourism, Hospitality and Events Group (THE Group). Goldblatt was the founding president of the International Special Events Society (ISES) and the developer of the original Certified Special Events Professional (CSEP) program. Prior to joining Queen Margaret University he was Senior Lecturer and Executive Director for the School of Tourism and Hospitality Management at Temple University in Philadelphia, Pennsylvania where his programme was named best event management education programme in the world by the International Festivals and Events Association. He was founding president of The International Special Events Society (ISES)
Goldblatt also served as Dean of the Alan Shawn Feinstein graduate school at Johnson & Wales University where he created the first master of business administration degree program in Event Leadership. In addition, he created the first master's degree and professional certificate programs in the field of event management at The George Washington University.
He is the author, co-author or editor of 30 books and many scholarly and trade publication articles though he has had less success with academic publications. He has planned events for many luminaries including two U.S. presidents and the opening of the Donald Trump Taj Mahal Resort.
Goldblatt received the first ever Lifetime Achievement award for service to the industry from the International Special Events Society (ISES) of which he was one of the founders. Event Solutions Magazine awarded him the first ever Industry Visionary Award for his contributions to event management education and research. He was among the first individuals apparently inducted into the Event Solutions Magazine Events Industry Hall of Fame. In 2005, he was awarded the Silver Medal from the Creative Marketing Laboratory of Russia for lifetime career achievements. In 2007, Goldblatt was named Event Educator of the Year by the Professional Convention Management Association and in 2008 he was honored as the Distinguished Alumnus from his alma mater, St. Edward’s University. In September 2008, Goldblatt was inducted into the International Festivals and Events Association Hall of Fame. In 2012, he received the award for Most Memorable Teaching Moment by the Queen Margaret University Student Union representing 5000 students.
Goldblatt is an active researcher whose projects have included the Papal Visit to Edinburgh, the Homecoming Scotland 2009 celebrations, Celebrating Fife 2010, East Lothian the Saltire Celebrations, the Philadelphia Welcome America Celebration, and the Pennsylvania Family Reunion forecast study, among others.
Goldblatt is a strong advocate of the Scottish independence.
- Thorley, Chantelle (2009-07-20). "ISES brings in industry heavies". Event Magazine. Retrieved 2009-08-12.
- "Scottish university launches world's first International Centre for Events". Queen Margaret University. 2008-08-21. Archived from the original on 2010-01-05. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- "2008 IFEA Hall of Fame Inductee Dr. Joe Goldblatt, CSEP – Lecturer Queen Margaret University, Edinburgh, Scotland". International Festivals & Events Association. 29 July 2009.
- "Trinidad and Tobago Hospitality and Tourism Institute". Archived from the original on 2009-07-28. Retrieved 2009-07-29.
- "The Last Word: Dr. Joe Goldblatt, CSEP, Has the Last Word". Special Events. 2001-03-01. Archived from the original on 2010-01-14. Retrieved 2009-08-05.
- "Ten Questions: Joe Goldblatt". Edinburgh Evening News. 2008-08-01. Retrieved 2009-08-11.
- Dr. Joe Goldblatt at Queen Margaret University
- Joe Goldblatt, FRSA, Ed.D[permanent dead link] at PCMA
- International Centre for the Study of Planned Events (ICSPE) at Queen Margaret University
- International Centre for the Study of Planned Events (ICSPE) at Linkedin
- International Centre for the Study of Planned Events (ICSPE) at Twitter
- International Centre for the Study of Planned Events (ICSPE) at Facebook
- International Centre for the Study of Planned Events (ICSPE) at YouTube