Joe Howe (footballer)
|Full name||Joseph David William Howe|
|Date of birth||21 January 1988|
|Place of birth||Sidcup, England|
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|–||Milton Keynes Dons|
|2006–2007||Milton Keynes Dons||0||(0)|
|2006||→ Walton & Hersham (loan)||5||(0)|
|2007||→ Gravesend & Northfleet (loan)||1||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 22 April 2017 (UTC).
Joe Howe (born 21 January 1988) is an English footballer who plays for Leatherhead. Howe was born in Sidcup, Kent. He started his career in the academy at Milton Keynes Dons and was handed his first professional contract in the summer of 2006. Howe made his first-team debut in the starting eleven for the League Cup victory against Colchester United on 22 August 2006. He spent time on loan at Walton & Hersham to gain experience, and made another appearance for MK Dons, this time in the Football League Trophy. Howe left for Gravesend & Northfleet during the January 2007 transfer window, but made only one appearance, as a substitute, in the Conference.
After a trial with Northampton Town Howe was given a short-term contract with the club in July 2007, but manager Stuart Gray released him before the start of the season, feeling that he had little chance of breaking into a strengthened side. A few weeks afterwards, Howe signed for Conference North side Kettering Town but found first team opportunities limited and signed for his local club Welling United a few months later. Howe finished the 2007–08 season with Welling but left when manager Andy Ford told him he could not guarantee him first-team football for the coming season. Howe played reserve games for Crystal Palace towards the end of the 2007–08 season as part of a trial which proved unsuccessful. In August 2008 Howe joined Fisher Athletic, where he was appointed captain. He played a reserve game on trial for Gillingham in December 2008, then signed for Croydon Athletic in February 2009 before rejoining Ebbsfleet United in October 2010 after the problems faced by Croydon Athletic. Howe has become an integral part of Liam Daish's Conference National team and has attracted the attention of a host of League One and League Two clubs. Howe picked up four club player of the year trophies (including Manager's) at the end of the season awards. On 15 June 2016, Howe signed for Bromley.
- "Joe Howe". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "Pro Deals For Young Scholars". Milton Keynes Dons F.C. 6 March 2006. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "MK Dons vs Colchester". Milton Keynes Dons F.C. 22 August 2006. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "Martin's Dons World Update". Milton Keynes Dons F.C. 6 September 2006. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "Player Details: Season 2006–2007". SoccerFactsUK. Retrieved 17 December 2009.
- "Brighton vs MK Dons". Milton Keynes Dons F.C. 1 November 2006. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "Daish Beats Transfer Deadline Because He Knows Howe". Kentish Football. 1 February 2007. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "Ebbsfleet 2006/2007 player appearances". Soccerbase. Centurycomm. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "Cobblers Hand Howe Short Term Deal". Northampton Town F.C. 29 July 2007. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "Cobblers Release Howe". Northampton Town F.C. 10 August 2007. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- Green, Paul (21 July 2008). "Howe latest to depart Wings". News Shopper. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "Oli returns in Gills reserve draw". Your Medway. KOS Media. 17 December 2008. Retrieved 14 December 2009.
- "3 New Signings!". Croydon Athletic F.C. 11 February 2009. Retrieved 14 December 2009.