Ingles signing a shirt for a fan after a game.
|Position||Small forward / Shooting guard|
2 October 1987 |
Happy Valley, South Australia
|Listed height||6 ft 8 in (2.03 m)|
|Listed weight||216 lb (98 kg)|
|High school||Lake Ginninderra (Canberra, ACT)|
|NBA draft||2009 / Undrafted|
|2013–2014||Maccabi Tel Aviv|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Stats at NBA.com|
|Stats at Basketball-Reference.com|
Joseph Howarth "Joe" Ingles (born 2 October 1987) is an Australian professional basketball player who last played for Utah Jazz of the National Basketball Association (NBA). He also represents the Australian national basketball team internationally. Standing at 2.03 m (6 ft 8 in), he primarily plays at the small forward and shooting guard positions, but he is versatile enough to play at the point guard as he often plays a point forward role.
Born in the Adelaide suburb of Happy Valley, Ingles attended both Lake Ginninderra College and the Australian Institute of Sport (AIS) in Canberra with future Boomers teammate Brad Newley. He played for the AIS in the 2005 and 2006 SEABL seasons. Along with basketball, Ingles also played Australian rules football and Cricket in his younger years but gave both sports away to focus on basketball.
On 17 March 2006, Ingles signed a multi-year deal with the South Dragons, becoming the very first player to sign with the club. In the Dragons' first NBL game, the 18-year-old Ingles made league history by scoring the most points by an Australian on debut – 29, on 11-of-15 shooting from the field. His excellent first season earned him the 2007 Rookie of the Year award.
In July 2010, Ingles re-joined the Golden State Warriors for the 2010 NBA Summer League.
On 16 November 2010, just seven games into the 2010–11 season, Ingles transferred from Granada to FC Barcelona, signing a three-year deal with the club. In June 2013, Ingles announced that he would not re-sign with Barcelona for the 2013–14 season.
Maccabi Tel Aviv
On 29 September 2014, after a strong display with Australia at the 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup, Ingles signed with the Los Angeles Clippers. However, he was later waived by the Clippers on 25 October 2014. Two days later, he was claimed off waivers by the Utah Jazz, joining Boomers' teammate Dante Exum in the process.
Ingles made his NBA debut for the Jazz on 29 October 2014, playing four minutes but only had a missed three-point attempt in the 93-104 loss to the Houston Rockets. In the next game the following day, he recorded his first two NBA points in the Jazz's 102-120 loss to the Dallas Mavericks.
At the 2008 Beijing Summer Olympic Games, Ingles made his Olympics debut with the senior men's Australian national basketball team. In Australia's final match, a 116–85 loss to the United States, Ingles played the entire last quarter of the game, scoring 11 points on 100% shooting from the field, while also recording two rebounds and one assist.
At the 2010 FIBA World Championship, Ingles averaged 10.3 points, 3.0 rebounds and 2.2 assists in six games. At the 2012 London Summer Olympic Games, Ingles again played well, and was the second-highest scorer for the Boomers after Patty Mills. In six games, Ingles finished with averages of 15.0 points, 5.0 rebounds and 4.2 assists per game.
|GP||Games played||GS||Games started||MPG||Minutes per game|
|FG%||Field-goal percentage||3P%||3-point field-goal percentage||FT%||Free-throw percentage|
|RPG||Rebounds per game||APG||Assists per game||SPG||Steals per game|
|BPG||Blocks per game||PPG||Points per game||PIR||Performance Index Rating|
Note: The Euroleague is not the only competition in which the player participated for the team during the season, he also played in domestic competition.
|†||Denotes season in which Ingles won the Euroleague|
- Utah Jazz’s regular Joe Ingles is anything but ordinary
- Dragons make inaugural NBL signing
- Joe Ingles – AndTheFoul.net
- Squad To Play Five Games At NBA Summer League In Las Vegas
- Granada inks Joe Ingles
- NBA Summer League Rosters – Vegas
- Barcelona gives Joe Ingles shot at big time
- Regal FC Barcelona lands Joe Ingles
- "Joe Ingles won't return to FC Barcelona". Sportando.com. 29 June 2013. Retrieved 19 May 2014.
- "Joe Ingles Signs for Two Years with Maccabi". Maccabi.co.il. 24 July 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- "Maccabi Tel Aviv announced Joe Ingles". Sportando.com. 24 July 2013. Retrieved 24 July 2013.
- "Clippers Announce 2014-15 Training Camp Roster". NBA.com. 29 September 2014. Retrieved 29 September 2014.
- CLIPPERS WAIVE JOE INGLES
- Jazz Claim Hamilton and Ingles Off Waivers
- Dante Exum lights it up in Utah Jazz NBA debut
- Nowitzki, Mavs top Jazz 120-102 in home opener
- Joe Ingles's profile | 2010 FIBA World Championship
- 2014 FIBA Basketball World Cup – Joe INGLES
- Diamonds star Renae Hallinan confident NBA-bound fiance Joe Ingles will be a success
- Joe Ingles | FCBarcelona.cat
- Ingles won't consider AFL switch
|Wikimedia Commons has media related to Joe Ingles.|
- Career statistics and player information from NBA.com, or Basketball-Reference.com
- Joe Ingles at acb.com (Spanish)
- Joe Ingles at draftexpress.com
- Joe Ingles at eurobasket.com
- Joe Ingles at euroleague.net
- Joe Ingles at fiba.com
- Joe Ingles on Twitter