Joseph Eduardo Johns
|Education||Marshall University (BA)|
American University (JD)
Joseph Eduardo Johns is an American lawyer and journalist. He is the Senior Washington Correspondent for CNN, based in the Washington, D.C., bureau. He was promoted to the position in 2014. He previously worked as an NBC News Capitol Hill Correspondent for TODAY and other NBC programs. He worked for WRC-TV (NBC-4) in Washington, D.C. He also worked as an anchor for WSAZ-TV in 1980.
In an interview with Capitol Standard magazine in 2016, Johns said of the lessons he's learned in media: "Be skeptical of hype. People who tell big lies don’t back down, even when confronted with the truth."
Johns was a star discus thrower at West High School in Columbus, Ohio. He was a four-year scholarship track and field athlete at Marshall University and was inducted into the Marshall University Athletics Hall of Fame in 2003. He holds a bachelor of arts degree in political science from Marshall University in Huntington, West Virginia, where he graduated Omicron Delta Kappa, and a J.D. degree from American University in D.C.
- Dylan Byers (15 January 2014). "Joe Johns promoted at CNN". Politico. Retrieved 6 April 2017.
- "CNN Programs - Anchors/Reporters - Joe Johns". Cnn.com. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- "WSAZ History | Where Are They Now?". Wsaz.com. January 1, 1980. Archived from the original on May 16, 2012. Retrieved August 13, 2012.
- Greco, Margaret (November 22, 2016). "What You Don't Know About CNN's Joe Johns". Capitol Standard. Retrieved 27 October 2017.
- ""CNN's Joe Johns, three others to enter West High Hall of Fame"". Archived from the original on 2010-12-01. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- CNN correspondent Joe Johns grand marshal of MU homecoming parade
- "Marshall University Athletics Hall of Fame". Archived from the original on 2011-09-29. Retrieved 2011-03-25.
- Cook, John (April 9, 2009). "Softball Interview Question Leads to Awkward Answer". Gawker. Archived from the original on August 29, 2009. Retrieved September 2, 2009.
- "Michelle Bernard: 'The Republican Party Needs to Find Its Soul'". April 9, 2009. Archived from the original on July 14, 2014. Retrieved July 14, 2014.