|Born:||November 15, 1982|
Syracuse, New York
|Height:||6 ft 4 in (1.93 m)|
|Weight:||250 lb (113 kg)|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career NFL statistics|
Kowalewski has also been a member of the Miami Dolphins.
While at Syracuse, Kowalewski moved from defensive end to linebacker prior to the 2002 Spring practice, and to tight end before the beginning of the 2002 season. He totaled 33 receptions for 441 yards and three touchdowns during his collegiate career, while also achieving success academically. He graduated with a degree in retail and consumer studies.
New York Jets
Due to injuries, Kowalewski was unable to work out for pro scouts. He went undrafted in the 2006 NFL Draft, but received invitations to try out for both the New York Jets and the Miami Dolphins. On the advice of his agent, he signed as an undrafted rookie free agent with New York on May 15, 2006.
After spending the 2006 season on the practice squad, Kowalewski made his NFL debut in the opening week of the 2007 season in a loss to the New England Patriots. Kowalewski scored his first NFL touchdown on November 4, 2007, against the Washington Redskins.
Kowalewski was waived on April 28, 2008.
Kowalewski signed with the Miami Dolphins on August 11, 2009. He caught a two-yard touchdown pass from Chad Henne in the Dolphins' preseason contest against the Carolina Panthers on August 22. He was waived/injured on August 29 and subsequently placed on injured reserve on September 1 and eventually released with an injury settlement.
- Joe Kowalewski, archived from the original on November 17, 2006, retrieved August 29, 2007
- Rahme, Dave (July 26, 2007), No Quit Joe, The Post-Standard, archived from the original on October 11, 2007, retrieved August 29, 2007
- Webb, Donnie (May 1, 2006), Free Agent - Joe Kowalewski, Syracuse.com, archived from the original on June 7, 2011, retrieved August 29, 2007
- NFL.com Player Page, retrieved September 10, 2007
- Rock, Tom (November 5, 2007), Up 17-3, Jets falter as Redskins run away with 'W', Newsday, archived from the original (– Scholar search) on December 18, 2007, retrieved November 5, 2007
- Cimini, Rich (April 28, 2008), Joe Ko is no 'mo, Daily News, archived from the original on May 1, 2008, retrieved April 29, 2008
- Neal, David J. (August 11, 2009), Miami Dolphins sign former Jets fullback Joe Kowalewski, The Miami Herald, retrieved August 11, 2009[dead link]
- Beasley, Adam H. (August 23, 2009), Miami Dolphins' ground game punishes Panthers, The Miami Herald, archived from the original on September 13, 2012, retrieved August 29, 2009
- Armstrong, kicker among latest Miami cuts, Sports Illustrated, August 29, 2009, retrieved August 29, 2009[dead link]
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on September 8, 2009. Retrieved September 5, 2009.CS1 maint: Archived copy as title (link)