|Full name||Joseph Leach|
30 October 1990 |
Stafford, Staffordshire, England
|Height||6 ft 1 in (1.85 m)|
|Bowling style||Right-arm fast-medium|
|Domestic team information|
|2012–present||Worcestershire (squad no. 23)|
|Source: EPSNcricinfo, 22 April 2017|
Joseph Leach (born 30 October 1990) is an English cricketer. Leach is a right-handed batsman who bowls right-arm fast-medium. He was born in Stafford, Staffordshire, and was educated at Shrewsbury School.
Leach made his debut for Staffordshire against Buckinghamshire in the 2008 Minor Counties Championship. The following season he made a further appearance in that competition for the county, against Northumberland at Osborne Avenue, Jesmond. He also made a single appearance in the MCCA Knockout Trophy in 2009 against Suffolk. Leach joined Shropshire in 2010, making his debut for the county in the MCCA Knockout Trophy against Cumberland.
While studying French and Philosophy at the University of Leeds, Leach made his first appearance for Leeds/Bradford MCCU in 2011. The England and Wales Cricket Board conferred first-class status on Leeds/Bradford MCCU in 2012, with Leach making his first-class debut against Surrey at The Oval. In Surrey's first-innings of 385 all out, Leach took figures of 4/78 from thirteen overs, the best bowling figures of the innings. In Leeds/Braford MCCU's first-innings response, Leach was dismissed for a duck by Tom Jewell. In their second-innings, he recorded his maiden first-class half century with a score of exactly 50, before being dismissed by Tim Linley. Leeds/Bradford MCCU narrowly lost the match by 2 runs.
- "Player profile: Joe Leach". CricketArchive. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Minor Counties Championship Matches played by Joe Leach". CricketArchive. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Minor Counties Trophy Matches played by Joe Leach". CricketArchive. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Player profile: Joe Leach". www.mccuniversities.org. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Miscellaneous Matches played by Joe Leach". CricketArchive. Retrieved 5 April 2012.
- "Worcestershire: Joe Leach replaces Daryl Mitchell as county captain". BBC Sport. 28 September 2016. Retrieved 16 February 2017.
|Worcestershire County Cricket Captain
2017 to present