This article includes a list of references, but its sources remain unclear because it has insufficient inline citations. (March 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
September 9, 1950 |
New York City
|Other names||Joe Lissi|
|Occupation||Actor, retired police captain|
Joe Lisi (born September 9, 1950), also credited as Joe Lissi, is an American television actor. He appeared in the NBC television show Third Watch as NYPD Lieutenant Swersky from 2000 to 2005. He also appeared on the NBC television show Law & Order: Special Victims Unit as Craig Lennon, a parole officer and briefly appeared in the 1995 comedy/crime film The Jerky Boys: The Movie as a construction worker.
Life and career
Lisi was born and raised in New York City, New York. His father was Sicilian (from Giarre, Sicily) and his mother was of Irish descent. He spent 24 years in the New York Police Department (NYPD), retiring in the rank of captain. While already employed by the police department (1969), Joe Lisi enlisted in the United States Marine Corps Reserve. He was honorably discharged as a corporal.
Lisi took his first acting lesson at age 29 and made his Broadway debut (Take Me Out, 2003 Tony Winner, Best Play) at age 52.
- Out of the Darkness (1985) - Patrolman
- Forever Lulu (1987) - Cop
- Family Business (1989) - Desk Sergeant
- True Blue (1989-1990) - Capt. Motta
- Come See the Paradise (1990) - Detective
- Criminal Justice (1990) - Detective Lane
- Traces of Red (1992) - L.T. J.C. Hooks
- Who's the Man? (1993) - Captain Reilly
- Quiz Show (1994) - Reporter
- Safe Passage (1994) - Dog Owner
- The Jerky Boys: The Movie (1995) - Construction Foreman
- Kiss of Death (1995) - Agent at Bungalow
- Trees Lounge (1996) - Harry
- Marvin's Room (1996) - Bruno
- His and Hers (1997) - Captain Barillo
- Happiness (1998) - Police Detective
- The Adventures of Sebastian Cole (1998) Concrete Guy
- Summer of Sam (1999) - Tony Olives
- For Love of the Game (1999) - Pete
- The Sopranos (1999-2000) - Dick Barone
- Third Watch (1999-2005) - NYPD Lieutenant Robert "Bob" Swersky
- The Yards (2000) - Elliott Gorwitz
- 15 Minutes (2001) - Police Captain
- Ash Wednesday (2002) - Wiseguy
- ER (2002) - NYPD Lieutenant Robert "Bob" Swersky
- Taxi (2004) - Mr. Scalia
- Synecdoche, New York (2008) - Maurice
- The Sorcerer's Apprentice (2010) - Police Captain
- Man on a Ledge (2012) - Desk Sergeant
- "An interview with Joe Lisi". Soprano Sue's Sightings. Retrieved 27 July 2017.
- "Joe Lisi website". Retrieved 2007-04-17.
- Joe Lisi on IMDb. Retrieved on 2007-04-17.
- "PBA Members Over There". The PBA Magazine. New York City Patrolmen's Benevolent Association. Winter 2007. Retrieved 2007-08-10.
|This article about an American television actor or actress born in the 1950s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|