|Birth name||Joe Harry Lycett|
|Born||5 June 1988|
Hall Green, Birmingham, England
|Alma mater||University of Manchester|
Joe Harry Lycett (born 5 July 1988) is a British comedian. He has appeared on TV shows including Live at the Apollo, Taskmaster, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, 8 Out of 10 Cats, QI, as the announcer on Saturday BBC One show Epic Win, and as the presenter on BBC Two's The Great British Sewing Bee and on Channel 4's new consumer show, Joe Lycett's Got Your Back.
Lycett was the 2009 Chortle Student Comedian of the Year, the winner of Bath New Act competition in 2009, the runner-up in the 2009 Laughing Horse New Act of the Year, and a finalist in the 2011 BBC New Comedy Awards. In 2012, his debut stand-up show Some Lycett Hot was nominated for the Best Newcomer at the Edinburgh Comedy Awards.
Lycett has appeared on television on Live At The Apollo, 8 Out of 10 Cats, 8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown, Celebrity Juice, Never Mind the Buzzcocks, Spicks and Specks, Would I Lie to You?, Insert Name Here and Virtually Famous, and was a regular panellist on the E4 show Dirty Digest. He has also co-written narration on ITV2 shows The Magaluf Weekender and Ibiza Weekender. Lycett featured on Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled Christmas Special with Jason Manford, Rev Richard Coles and Jo Joyner. Lycett also starred as one of the contestants in the fourth series of Taskmaster. Recently Lycett has made several guest appearances on Sunday Brunch in the absence of one of the regular hosts.
In 2002 Lycett appeared in series 2 of Two Pints of Lager and a Packet of Crisps when he played Bungle in the episode where Jonny Keogh hired the character from Rainbow and a bouncy castle with his £1,000 scratch card winnings.
On the radio he has been a guest on Scott Mills, Greg James and Nick Grimshaw's programmes on BBC Radio 1 and on Richard Bacon's programme on BBC Radio 5 Live. In August 2011 he wrote and performed the short story Spooky and the Van which was broadcast in the Afternoon Reading slot on BBC Radio 4. In August 2013 he made his debut on Just a Minute on BBC Radio 4. In September 2016 he took over from Miles Jupp as the host of It's Not What You Know, also on BBC Radio 4.
In addition to his appearances on various radio stations, Lycett has also featured as a guest on numerous podcasts, including My Dad Wrote a Porno, SoundCheck Podcast, The Comedian's Comedian with Stuart Goldsmith. and the Richard Herring Leicester Square Theatre Podcast.
Lycett started presenting his consumer show; Joe Lycett's Got Your Back, branded as a 'sexy watchdog' with help from various guests and Mark Silcox. The show takes on big corporations, such as airlines and banks, to provide justice for consumers, with a comedic spin.
Lycett was born in Hall Green, Birmingham. His parents are David and Helen Lycett. He attended King Edward VI Five Ways grammar school, studied Drama and English at the University of Manchester, and was awarded the 2009 Chortle Student Comedian of the Year. Lycett frequently refers to his bisexuality and pansexuality as part of his stand-up routines.
In May 2019, Lycett got Birmingham Lord Mayor Yvonne Mosquito to officially open his kitchen extension. At first Mosquito said no as it was not a public event but after Lycett raffled four tickets to the event to the public she agreed.
|2011||Epic Win||Himself||August - September 2011|
|2011||Dirty Digest||Himself||November 2011|
|2012||8 Out of 10 Cats||Himself||Series 14|
|2012||Celebrity Juice||Himself||Series 8|
|2012 - 2014||Never Mind the Buzzcocks||Himself||Series 26 (2012), Series 28 (2014)|
|2014 - 2015||Virtually Famous||Himself||Series 1 (2014), Series 2 (2015)|
|2014 - 2016||Live At The Apollo||Himself||Series 10 (2014), Series 12 (2016)|
|2014 - 2017||8 Out of 10 Cats Does Countdown||Himself|
|2015 - 2017||Would I Lie To You?||Himself||Series 3 (2015), Series 5 (2017)|
|2015||Alan Davies: As Yet Untitled||Himself||Series 3 (2015)|
|2016||Insert Name Here||Himself||Series 1 (2016)|
|2017||Taskmaster||Himself||Series 4 (2017)|
|2018||Roast Battle||Himself||Series 1 (2018)|
|2018||The Time It Takes||Himself||Series 1 (2018)|
|2019||The Great British Sewing Bee||Himself
|Series 5 (2019)|
|2019||Joe Lycett's Got Your Back||Himself
|Series 1 (2019)|
|Title||Release Date||Age Rating|
|Joe Lycett: That's The Way A-Ha A-Ha, Joe Lycett - Live||21 November 2016||15|
|Joe Lycett: I'm About to Lose Control And I Think Joe Lycett - Live||26 November 2018||15|
- Bea, Aisling (5 July 2015). "A happy birthday to the centre of my pavlova @joelycett". Instagram.
- "Joe Lycett's Got Your Back: Joe Lycett's Got Your Back". Channel 4. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- Parsnips, Buttered: How to win at modern life, one email at a time ISBN 1473640415
- Lycett, Joe (25 August 2015). "Afternoon Reading: Spooky and the Van". BBC Radio 4.
- "It's Not What You Know". BBC Radio 4.
- "Joe Lycett". The Dome. Archived from the original on 5 January 2016.
- acast (21 July 2016). "Footnotes: Joe Lycett - My Dad Wrote A Porno on acast".
- "Glastonbury Special With Joe Lycett". Archived from the original on 3 March 2018. Retrieved 3 March 2018. Cite uses deprecated parameter
- "Episode 168 - Joe Lycett (Live) - The Comedian's Comedian Podcast with Stuart Goldsmith". British Comedy Guide.
- "The Great British Sewing Bee viewers give their verdict on new host Joe Lycett: Joe has stepped into Claudia Winkleman's shoes". Good Housekeeping. 13 February 2019. Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- 15: John Hannah, Kevin McCloud and Joe Lycett's Got Your Back, retrieved 24 April 2019
- Solutions, Powder Blue Internet Business. "Mark Silcox vs Burger King : Video 2019 : Chortle : The UK Comedy Guide". www.chortle.co.uk. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- "Joe Lycett's Got Your Back: Joe Lycett's Got Your Back - On Demand". Channel 4. Retrieved 24 April 2019.
- "Comedian Joe Lycett:'Being Bisexual Has Its Own Challenges". Attitude. 26 June 2015. Retrieved 15 February 2019.
- "Joe Lycett on comedy, revenge and pansexuality". iNews. 19 October 2016. Retrieved 27 December 2016.
- "The lord mayor, a comedian and a kitchen". BBC News. Retrieved 30 June 2019.