Joe Marston Medal
The Joe Marston Medal is an A-League award given to the player of the match in the A-League Grand Final each year. Introduced in 1990, previously the award was also given to the best player in the National Soccer League grand final. The medal is named after Joe Marston, who played for Australia national association football team in the 1950s and was a member of the Preston North End F.C. side that played in the 1954 FA Cup Final.
List of winners
- *Player on the losing team
- "The A-League's overseas A-listers". FIFA. 15 September 2012.
- "The great Archie Thompson by the numbers". Melbourne Victory. 30 April 2016.
- "Jets claim first A-League crown". Brisbane Times. 24 February 2008.
- "Melbourne Victory win dramatic A-League grand final over Adelaide". Fox Sports. 28 February 2009.
- "Sydney FC claims second A-League title in tense grand final". The Australian. 21 March 2010.
- Davidson, John (5 August 2015). "Mat Ryan: Aussie history-maker sets his sights on starting spot". The Roar.
- Clarke, Laine (22 April 2012). "A-League mistakenly awards Joe Marston medal to Thomas Broich instead of rightful winner Jacob Burns". Fox Sports.
- Habashy, Angela (21 April 2013). "Daniel McBreen keen to extend stay with Central Coast as a dream season ends in grand final glory". Fox Sports.
- Stannard, Damien (4 May 2014). "Thomas Broich praises teammates after being honoured with Joe Marston Medal". The Courier-Mail.
- Hassett, Sebastian (5 May 2014). "Wanderers' Iacopo La Rocca takes little comfort from Marston Medal". The Sydney Morning Herald.
- "Melbourne Victory captain Mark Milligan wins Joe Marston medal". The Guardian. 17 May 2015.
- Kemp, Emma (1 May 2016). "Isaias awarded Joe Marston Medal". Seven Sport. Archived from the original on 7 May 2016.
- "Georgievski wins Joe Marston Medal". Nine's Wide World of Sports. 7 May 2017. Retrieved 8 May 2017.