||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (December 2010) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
Joseph Mashburn, AIA, has been the Dean of the Gerald D. Hines College of Architecture at the University of Houston in Houston, Texas since August, 1998. This came shortly after being inducted into UH's Architecture Hall of Fame in 1996. Mashburn stepped down from his post at Hines in December 2009 and was replaced by Patricia Oliver. He has continued to teach at the college. He was also named to the American Institute of Architects' College of Fellows in 2010.
He served as an assistant professor and graduate design coordinator at A&M from 1982 to 1988 and in 1989 moved to Virginia Tech.
He has received the Association of Collegiate Schools of Architecture Design Award, the Virginia Society AIA Award for Excellence in Architecture, and the Committee of Heads of Australian Schools of Architecture Design Award.
- "Take Me to the Mountain". Architect Magazine. April 2009. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Patricia Oliver Named UH Dean of Architecture". UH College of Architecture. 10 December 2009. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Undergraduate catalog: Fall 2010 - Summer 2011". University of Houston. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- "Five former students elevated to 2010 AIA College of Fellows". Texas A & M University. 2 February 2010. Retrieved 31 December 2010.
- Video Interview with Joe Mashburn William R. Jenkins Architecture and Art Library, University of Houston Digital Library.
|This biography of an American academic is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a United States architect or architectural firm is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|