|Member of the Minnesota House of Representatives
from the 59A district
January 7, 1997
|Preceded by||Jim Rice|
|Born||June 1944 (age 69)
|Political party||Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party|
|Alma mater||University of Minnesota
University of Minnesota Law School
|Occupation||attorney, community organizer, legislator|
Joseph J. "Joe" Mullery (born June 1944) is a Minnesota politician and member of the Minnesota House of Representatives. A member of the Minnesota Democratic–Farmer–Labor Party (DFL), he represents District 59A, which includes portions of the city of Minneapolis in Hennepin County, which is part of the Twin Cities metropolitan area. He is an attorney by profession.
Early life, education, and career
Mullery graduated from the University of Minnesota in Minneapolis with a B.A., and from the University of Minnesota Law School, where he earned his J.D. He has been a member of the board of governors of the Minnesota State Bar Association, of the governing council of the Hennepin County Bar Association, and of the legal panel for the Minnesota Senior Foundation. He has also been a community leader and organizer in the Camden Neighborhood of north Minneapolis for many years.
Minnesota House of Representatives
Mullery was first elected in 1996 and has been re-elected every two years since. He previously served as chair of the Economic Development and International Trade subcommittees for Economic Development and for the Economic Development Finance Division for Government Efficiency and Reform during the 1997–1998 biennium.
- "Minnesota Legislators Past & Present – Legislator Record – Mullery, Joe". Leg.state.mn.us. Retrieved July 20, 2010.
- "Project Vote Smart – Representative Joe Mullery – Biography". Votesmart.org. Retrieved July 20, 2010.
- Joe Mullery at Minnesota Legislators Past & Present
- Rep. Mullery Web Page
- Minnesota Public Radio Votetracker: Rep. Joe Mullery
- Project Votesmart – Rep. Joe Mullery Profile
- Joe Mullery Campaign Web Site