August 10, 1985 |
|Height||5 ft 10 in (1.78 m)|
|Weight||155 lb (70 kg; 11.1 st)|
|Reach||72.0 in (183 cm)|
|Fighting out of||Easton, Massachusetts|
|Mixed martial arts record|
|Mixed martial arts record from Sherdog|
Joseph Edward Proctor (born August 10, 1985) is an American mixed martial artist currently competing in the lightweight division of the Ultimate Fighting Championship. Proctor was a competitor on The Ultimate Fighter: Live.
Proctor was born in Quincy, Massachusetts but raised in Pembroke, Massachusetts. He attended the University of Massachusetts Dartmouth. Proctor worked in construction before a friend suggested he try jiu-jitsu. Proctor began training at Lauzon MMA in Bridgewater, Massachusetts with UFC veteran and submission specialist Joe Lauzon. After training with the UFC fighter and developing a passion and talent for the mixed martial arts he embarked on his career. Proctor has been known to be a family man.
Mixed martial arts career
The Ultimate Fighter
Proctor won his way into the house when he defeated Jordan Rinaldi by a guillotine choke submission in the first round. With that victory, he was chosen as the fourth pick by Team Faber.
Proctor won his next match against Team Cruz's seventh pick, Chris Tickle. He defeated Tickle with a rear-naked choke submission near the end of the first round, gaining entry into the quarter-finals.
For his quarter-final fight, Proctor was matched up with striking specialist James Vick. Proctor was unable to take Vick down in the fight and was outmatched on the feet. Proctor lost the fight by unanimous decision after the second round, thus eliminating him from the competition.
Ultimate Fighting Championship
Proctor made his UFC debut against fellow cast member Jeremy Larsen on June 1, 2012 at The Ultimate Fighter 15 Finale. He won the fight via TKO due to a combination of a knee and punches in the first round.
Proctor faced Yancy Medeiros on December 12, 2014 at The Ultimate Fighter 20 Finale. He lost the fight via submission in the first round after being dropping with a spinning back kick to the body.
Proctor faced Justin Edwards on June 6, 2015 at UFC Fight Night 68. He won the back-and-forth fight via submission with just seconds remaining in the final round, resulting in the latest submission win in the UFC Lightweight division.
Championships and accomplishments
Mixed martial arts
- Reality Fighting
- RF Lightweight Championship (One time)
- American Fighting Organization
- AFO Lightweight Championship (One time)
Mixed martial arts record
|Professional record breakdown|
|15 matches||11 wins||4 losses|
|Loss||11–4||Magomed Mustafaev||TKO (knees and punches)||UFC 194||December 12, 2015||1||1:54||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||11–3||Justin Edwards||Technical Submission (guillotine choke)||UFC Fight Night: Boetsch vs. Henderson||June 6, 2015||3||4:58||New Orleans, Louisiana, United States|
|Loss||10–3||Yancy Medeiros||Submission (guillotine choke)||The Ultimate Fighter: A Champion Will Be Crowned Finale||December 12, 2014||1||4:37||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||10–2||Justin Salas||TKO (punches)||UFC Fight Night: Cerrone vs. Miller||July 16, 2014||2||3:27||Atlantic City, New Jersey, United States|
|Win||9–2||Cristiano Marcello||Decision (unanimous)||UFC Fight Night: Machida vs. Mousasi||February 15, 2014||3||5:00||Jaraguá do Sul, Brazil|
|Loss||8–2||Ramsey Nijem||Decision (unanimous)||UFC on Fox: Henderson vs. Diaz||December 8, 2012||3||5:00||Seattle, Washington, United States|
|Win||8–1||Jeremy Larsen||KO (knee and punches)||The Ultimate Fighter: Live Finale||June 1, 2012||1||1:49||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States|
|Win||7–1||Matt Bessette||Decision (unanimous)||Reality Fighting: Gonzaga vs. Porter||October 8, 2011||5||5:00||Uncasville, Connecticut, United States||Won the RF Lightweight Championship.|
|Win||6–1||Oz Pariser||Decision (unanimous)||Reality Fighting: Mohegan Sun||May 21, 2011||3||5:00||Uncasville, Connecticut, United States|
|Win||5–1||Eric Fama||Submission (guillotine choke)||Reality Fighting: Mohegan Sun||February 26, 2011||2||3:22||Uncasville, Connecticut, United States|
|Loss||4–1||Luis Felix||TKO (punches)||AFO: Thanksgiving Massacre 3||November 24, 2010||2||2:24||Mansfield, Massachusetts, United States||Lost the AFO Lightweight Championship.|
|Win||4–0||Nelson Gaipo||Submission (guillotine choke)||AFO: Summer Brawl||June 25, 2010||1||1:14||Mansfield, Massachusetts, United States||Won the AFO Lightweight Championship.|
|Win||3–0||Matt Casio||Submission (armbar)||AFO: Night of Champions 2||April 24, 2010||3||5:00||Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States|
|Win||2–0||Will Seaver||Submission (rear-naked choke)||FFP: Untamed 30||February 19, 2010||1||1:33||Westport, Massachusetts, United States|
|Win||1–0||Joe DeChaves||Decision (split)||Reality Fighting: Ferocity||August 16, 2008||3||4:00||Plymouth, Massachusetts, United States|
Mixed martial arts exhibition record
|Exhibition record breakdown|
|3 matches||2 wins||1 loss|
|Loss||2–1||James Vick||Decision (unanimous)||The Ultimate Fighter: Live||May 11, 2012 (airdate)||2||5:00||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||The Ultimate Fighter: Live Quarter-final round|
|Win||2–0||Chris Tickle||Submission (rear-naked choke)||The Ultimate Fighter: Live||April 13, 2012 (airdate)||1||4:42||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||The Ultimate Fighter: Live Preliminary round|
|Win||1–0||Jordan Rinaldi||Submission (guillotine choke)||The Ultimate Fighter: Live||March 9, 2012 (airdate)||1||2:08||Las Vegas, Nevada, United States||The Ultimate Fighter: Live Elimination round|
- "Fight Card - UFC Fight Night Boetsch vs. Henderson". UFC.com. Retrieved June 5, 2014.
- "TUF Live Finale adds Jeremy Larsen vs. Joe Proctor to prelims". MMAJunkie.com. May 24, 2012. Retrieved May 24, 2012.
- "Joe Proctor". Sherdog.
- "'The Ultimate Fighter 15' cast unveiled with 32 lightweight fighters". MMAJunkie.com. February 27, 2012. Retrieved February 27, 2012.
- "Mixed martial arts results, Season 15 - The Ultimate Fighter" (PDF). State of Nevada, Department of Business and Industry Athletic Commission. March 9, 2012. Retrieved March 25, 2012.
- "Episode No. 6 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live'". MMAJunkie.com. April 13, 2012. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- "Episode No. 10 recap: 'The Ultimate Fighter: Live'". MMAJunkie.com. May 11, 2012. Retrieved May 14, 2012.
- "TUF veterans Ramsey Nijem and Joe Proctor to meet at UFC on FOX 5 in Seattle". mmajunkie.com. August 22, 2012. Retrieved August 22, 2012.
- Staff (January 31, 2013). "Joe Proctor vs. Al Iaquinta joins 'UFC 159: Jones vs. Sonnen' card". MMAJunkie.com. Retrieved January 31, 2013.
- Staff (April 12, 2013). "Al Iaquinta also injured, fight pulled from UFC 159 lineup". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved April 12, 2013.
- Staff (2013-11-26). "Cristiano Marcello vs. Joe Proctor slated for UFC Fight Night 36". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2013-11-26.
- staff (2014-05-28). "Joe Proctor vs. Justin Salas joins UFC Fight Night 45 lineup". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2014-05-28.
- A.J. Perez (2014-07-17). "UFC fighter Joe Proctor escapes with victory despite hematoma, but can't escape jokes on Twitter". nj.com. Retrieved 2014-07-17.
- Staff (September 18, 2014). "Yancy Medeiros vs. Joe Proctor set for The Ultimate Fighter 20 Finale". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved September 18, 2014.
- Andy Glen Ravens (2015-02-27). "Three new bouts added to UFC Fight Night 68". efightnews.com. Retrieved 2015-02-27.
- Brent Brookhouse (2015-06-06). "UFC Fight Night 68 results: Joe Proctor puts Justin Edwards to sleep with seconds left". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-06-06.
- Staff (2015-08-24). "Joe Proctor, Magomed Mustafaev targeted for UFC 194 undercard bout". sherdog.com. Retrieved 2015-08-24.
- Matt Erickson (2015-12-12). "UFC 194 results: Magomed Mustafaev drills Joe Proctor with liver kick, gets quick TKO". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2015-12-12.
- Mike Bohn and Matt Erickson (2016-03-19). "UFC Fight Night 88 gets 8 new fights". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2016-03-19.
- Staff (2016-04-21). "Shane Campbell replaces Joe Proctor, meets Erik Koch at UFC Fight 88". themmareport.com. Retrieved 2016-04-21.
- Staff (2017-03-03). "Bryan Barberena vs. Joe Proctor set for UFC Fight Night 108 in Nashville". mmajunkie.com. Retrieved 2017-03-03.
- Alvin Benjamin Carter III (October 8, 2011). "Local Scene: Carter's live report – Reality Fighting at Mohegan Sun". MMAtorch.com. Retrieved November 9, 2013.
- "AFO: Summer Brawl – pro fights official results". Mixedmartialarts.com. Retrieved November 16, 2013.
- "Luis Felix vs. Joe Proctor – AFO: Thanksgiving Massacre 3". Tapology.com. Retrieved November 16, 2013.