Joe Slade White
|Joe Slade White|
March 8, 1950 |
|Residence||East Aurora, New York|
|Occupation||Democratic Strategist and Media Consultant|
|Political party||Democratic Party|
|Website||Joe Slade White|
Joe Slade White (born March 8, 1950) is a Democratic political strategist and media consultant. On April 4, 2014 White was named "National Democratic Strategist of the Year" by the American Association of Political Consultants. White's past clients have included Presidential candidates, U.S. Senators, Governors, Members of Congress, and Mayors, as well as statewide and local initiatives throughout the country. The New York Times described White as current Vice President Joe Biden's "long-time strategist."
At the age of 21, White was hired by the 1972 presidential campaign of U.S. Senator George McGovern, joining the campaign's traveling staff and finding a place on President Richard Nixon's "White House Enemies List." White worked briefly as a press secretary to McGovern.
When he was 23, White launched his own political consulting firm and was mentored by famed admaker Tony Schwartz. White worked to elect the first Native American to the United States Senate, the first woman Attorney General and Governor of Michigan, and worked on the first campaign in the nation to defeat a ban on bilingual education for Hispanic children. He has also served as an advisor and created television advertisements for Vice President Joe Biden, T. Boone Pickens, Michigan Governor Jennifer Granholm, General Wesley Clark, U.S. Senator Ben Nighthorse Campbell, Speaker of the House Tip O'Neill, AT&T and others. A number of his television campaigns have won national recognition. The American Association of Political Consultants has recognized White's television work with more "Pollie Awards" than they have bestowed on any of his Democratic peers. The 1989 book titled 30-Second Politics details White as producing the "first truly wordless ad" for a successful gubernatorial campaign in Oregon.
In 2010, White served as media strategist for Illinois Governor Pat Quinn’s campaign, that was named by RealClearPolitics.com as the #5 upset in the country. I In 2012, White helped elect the only Democratic woman governor in the country, New Hampshire Governor Maggie Hassan.
Personal life and education
- Roll Call Magazine 2011 Profile on Joe Slade White, "Joseph Biden Consultant Makes Ads Memorable"
- Joe Slade White & Company Official Website
- Joe Slade White Ads on YouTube
- Joe Slade White Ads on Facebook
- Joe Slade White's 8 principles of Winning Campaigns
- Newsburst Media Buying method Time buy method invented by Joe Slade White
- "AAPC 2014 Special Award Winners". American Association of Political Professionals. Retrieved 2014-04-04.
- "A Clinton in 'Transition' Keeps Opponents and Donors Frozen". The New York Times. 2013-03-30. Retrieved 4/10/2013. Check date values in:
- Montague, Kern (1989). 30-Second Politics: Political Advertising in the Eighties. New York , NY: Praeger Publishers. p. 36. ISBN 0-275-93195-1.
- Uebelhor, Justin (29 March 2010). "One Iowa: "This Place" TV spot wins Gold Pollie Award" (Press release). iowapolitics.com. Retrieved 24 February 2011.
- "The Art of Rapid Response". Campaigns & Elections Magazine.