Joe T. Robinson High School
|Joe T. Robinson High School|
|21501 Cantrell Road (Hwy 10)
Little Rock, Arkansas 72223
|School type||Comprehensive public
|School district||Pulaski County Special School District|
|NCES District ID||0511850|
|NCES School ID||051185000923|
|Principal||Mary Carolyn Bailey (2012–)|
|Faculty||42.20 (on FTE basis)|
|Student to teacher ratio||11.52|
|Color(s)||Black and Vegas Gold|
|Affiliations||Arkansas Activities Association (AAA)|
Joe T. Robinson High School is a public high school for students in grades 9 through 12 located just outside the city limits of Little Rock, Arkansas, United States. The school is named after then U.S. Senator Joseph Taylor Robinson in 1927 during the same year Pulaski County Special School District (PCSSD) was formed. Robinson High School moved to its current facilities at the start of the 1981–82 school year and for 2010–11 hosts about 500 pupils, the smallest PCSSD high school population. Despite its Little Rock address, the school is often referenced as Pulaski Robinson" despite efforts to be known as simply Joe T Robinson or Joe T. Mary Carolyn Bailey is the school's principal starting in the 2012–13 school year.
The school is accredited by AdvancED since 1965 and by the ADE (ADE). The assumed course of study is the ADE Smart Core curriculum, which requires 22 units before students graduate. Students complete regular (core and career focus) courses and exams and may select Advanced Placement (AP) coursework and exams that provide an opportunity for college credit before high school graduation.
The Robinson High School mascot is the Senator with black and gold as the school colors. The Robinson Senators compete in a variety of sports including football, basketball, track and field in the 4A 7 Conference (2012–14) administered by the Arkansas Activities Association.
- Football: The Senators football won a state football championship in 1980.
- Track and field: The boys track team won four consecutive state track and field championships between 1971 and 1974.
The following are notable people of Joe T. Robinson High School. If the person was a Robinson student, the number in parenthesis indicates year of graduation. If the person was a faculty or staff member, that person's title and years of association are included.
- Andy Davis—Member of the Arkansas House of Representatives from District 31 in Pulaski and Saline counties
- Nate Garner—American football player in the National Football League.
- Guy H. "Mutt" Jones (Teacher, 1934–36)—Politician and lawyer; Arkansas State Senator (1946–1974)
- Michael Tinsley (2003)—Athlete, 2012 London Olympics Silver Medalist, Men's 400 m Hurdles
- "Search for Public School Districts – District Detail for Pulaski CO. SPEC. School DIST.". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- "Search for Public Schools - School Detail for Joe T. Robinson High School". National Center for Education Statistics. Institute of Education Sciences. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- "Joe T. Robinson High names new principal". Pulaski County Special School District. October 5, 2012. Retrieved October 17, 2012.
- "School Profile, Joe T. Robinson High School". AdvancED. Retrieved September 21, 2012.
- "AAA School Directory. Joe T. Robinson High School". Arkansas Activities Association. Retrieved August 9, 2012.
- "Guy H. "Mutt" Jones Collection". University of Central Arkansas. Retrieved October 17, 2012.