For American author, see Joseph Vogel
|No. 41 – Homenetmen Beirut B.C.|
|League||Lebanese Basketball League|
September 15, 1973 |
North Platte, Nebraska
|Nationality||American / Lebanese|
|Listed height||6 ft 11 in (2.11 m)|
|Listed weight||265 lb (120 kg)|
|High school||North Platte
(North Platte, Nebraska)
|College||Colorado State (1992–1996)|
|NBA draft||1996 / Round: 2 / Pick: 45th overall|
|Selected by the Seattle SuperSonics|
|1996–1997||Galatasaray Café Crown|
|2002–2003||Xinjiang Flying Tigers|
|2004–2013||Sporting Al Riyadi Beirut|
Joseph "Joe" Vogel (born September 15, 1973) is an American-Lebanese basketball player. Vogel attended Colorado State. Upon graduation, he was drafted by the Seattle SuperSonics in the 1996 NBA Draft, but never played in the NBA. He played as a professional player in Taiwan, Turkey, Japan, Saudi Arabia and a number of Lebanese basketball teams including Sagesse Beirut, Champville SC and Sporting Al Riyadi Beirut.
Vogel attended Colorado State and was ranked 2nd in blocked shots with 180 and 7th all time in games played with 115 to his credit.
After Seattle, Vogel joined Turkey's basketball Galatasaray Café Crown for season 1996-97; however, he was replaced by Mills during the season. In 1997, he signed with Red Wolves basketball team in Japan, and returned to Seattle SuperSonics at their summer camp to train. Al Ittihad basketball team was Vogel's next spot to join in Saudi Arabia for 1998-99 season.
Vogel arrived in Lebanon for the 1999-2000 season and signed up with Sagesse Beirut; he was also a part of some tournaments in the United States in 2000 and 2001. His return to Lebanon gave him the chance to join Champville basketball team under a 5-year contract.
Currently he is playing from Homenetmen Beirut.
Awards and achievements
- Western Athletic Conference All-Tournament Team -95
- Saudi Arabian League Champion -99
- Asian Club Championships -99, 00
- WAC 2nd Team -Pre96
- Lebanese League Champion -00, 05, 06, 07,08,09,2010.
- MVP of the Asian Cup tournament -99
- IBL Semifinals -01
- Lebanese National Team -01, 03, 05-07
- Asian Championships -01(Finalist), 02, 05
- Mediterranean Games in Tunisia -01
- Lebanese League Semifinals -02
- World Championships in Indianapolis (USA) -02
- Dubai Tournament Winner -04.
- Lebanese Cup Winner -04, 06, 07
- Lebanese League Regular Season Champion -04, 05, 06, 07
- Lebanese League Finalist -04
- Asia-Basket.com Lebanese League All-Domestic Players Team -04, 05, 06
- Asia-Basket.com Lebanese League All-Defensive Team -04, 05
- Asia-Basket.com All-Lebanese League Center of the Year -05
- Asia-Basket.com All-Lebanese League Domestic Player of the Year -05
- Asia-Basket.com All-Lebanese League 1st Team -05
- Arab Club Championships -05 (Silver, Asia-Basket All-1st Team), 06 (Winner), 07 (Winner)
- World Championships in Japan -06
- Asian Games in Doha
- Asia-Basket.com All-Arab Club Championships 2nd Team
- William Jones Cup Tournament
- Basket-Stats: Joe Vogel
- Ya Libnan: Lebanon rolls into Basketball Championship Semifinals, 15 September, 2005