Joe Wheeler (rugby union)
|Full name||Joseph Thomas Wheeler|
|Date of birth||20 October 1987|
|Place of birth||Christchurch, Canterbury, New Zealand|
|Height||2.00 m (6 ft 6 1⁄2 in)|
|Weight||111 kg (17 st 7 lb)|
|School||Marlborough Boys' College|
|Notable relative(s)||Ben Wheeler (brother)
Ray Dowker (grandfather)
|Rugby union career|
Joseph Thomas Wheeler (born rugby union footballer. He plays as a lock / loose forward for the Highlanders in Super Rugby and the Tasman Makos in the ITM Cup. Of Ngāi Tahu descent, Wheeler was selected in the New Zealand Māori All Blacks and represented them on the November 2013 tour of North America.20 October 1987) is a New Zealand
A product of the Marlborough Boys' College 1st XV, Wheeler made his Super Rugby debut for the Crusaders against the Sharks in 2010. He joined the Highlanders for the 2013 Super Rugby season on a two-year deal.
Wheeler comes from a successful sporting family: his brother Ben Wheeler is a cricketer who plays for Central Districts; and his grandfather Ray Dowker was a multi-talented athlete who represented Canterbury in cricket, football and many other codes.
- "Wheeler joins Highlanders". New Zealand Herald. 5 September 2013. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- Robson, Tony (22 October 2013). "Maori All Blacks squad named". Waikato Times. Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- "Super Rugby Profile: Highlanders – Joe Wheeler". Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- "Highlanders in Tasman coup". rugby365.com. 5 Sep 2012. Retrieved 5 Sep 2012.
- "CD Cricket - Ben Wheeler". Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- "Blackcaps Archive - Ray Dowker". Retrieved 13 November 2013.
- "The Block NZ: Meet Courtney MacKay's biggest fan". Woman's Day. 23 June 2016. Retrieved 31 July 2016.
- Joe's website
- Tasman profile
- Highlanders profile
- itsrugby.co.uk profile
- Higlanders YouTube profile
- Wheeler joins Highlanders
- Highlanders in Tasman Coup
- Maori All Blacks Squad Named
- Crusaders profile
|This biographical article relating to New Zealand rugby union is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|