Joe Willis (soccer)
|Full name||Joseph Willis|
|Date of birth||August 10, 1988|
|Place of birth||St. Louis, Missouri, United States|
|Height||6 ft 5 in (1.96 m)|
|2009–2010||Real Colorado Foxes||7||(0)|
|2014||→ Richmond Kickers (loan)||16||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of November 8, 2016.
Willis played highschool soccer for Chaminade College Preparatory in St. Louis. Willis played soccer for University of Denver from 2006 to 2010, starting from 2008 to 2010. He was named the team's Most Valuable Player in 2008, and was named All-MPSF from 2008 to 2010. While at University of Denver, he also played for the USL Premier Development League Real Colorado Foxes.
Willis was selected by D.C. United with the 50th pick in the 2011 MLS SuperDraft. He signed a contract with the team on March 16, 2011. He made his professional debut at RFK Stadium August 13, 2011 and recorded his first clean sheet in a 4-0 victory over the Vancouver Whitecaps, a performance that earned him Man of the Match honors. On November 8, 2012, Willis came on as a substitute in a MLS Playoff match against New York Red Bulls after first choice goalkeeper Bill Hamid had received a red card. He denied Kenny Cooper from the spot on the striker's second attempt (the first penalty kick that was successfully converted by Cooper was ordered to be retaken due to an infringement on the part of Cooper's teammates) and managed to keep a clean sheet to help his team to a decisive 1:0 win, which allowed it to progress to the next round.
On December 8, 2014, Willis was traded to Houston Dynamo along with Samuel Inkoom, in exchange for Andrew Driver and a fourth-round pick in the 2016 MLS SuperDraft.  On December 19, 2014 he signed a contract with the team.
- "Joe Willis". University of Denver. Retrieved April 1, 2011.
- "Joe Willis". Major League Soccer. Retrieved April 1, 2011.
- "D.C. United signs goalkeeper Joe Willis". DC United. Retrieved April 1, 2011.
- Haydon, John. "D.C. United signs goalkeeper Joe Willis". Washington Post. Retrieved April 1, 2011.
- Shatzer, Martin. "D.C. United 4, Vancouver Whitecaps 0 - Match Review & Player Ratings". Black and Red United. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- Moore, Robert. "Joe Willis and Nick DeLeon Play Heroes as DC Advance to East Finals". Total MLS. Retrieved November 25, 2012.
- "Houston Dynamo sign goalkeeper Joe Willis". Houston Dynamo. Retrieved December 19, 2014.