Joe Young (American football)
August 3, 1933|
|Height:||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)|
|Weight:||245 lb (111 kg)|
|NFL Draft:||1955 / Round: 24 / Pick: 287|
|Career NFL statistics|
|Player stats at PFR|
Young was born in Chicago, Illinois and attended Thomas Kelly High School in Chicago. He played college football at Marquette University and the University of Arizona. He was named to the All-Border Conference in 1957.
Young was drafted in the twenty-fourth round (287th pick overall) by the Chicago Bears in the 1955 NFL Draft. He played two seasons with the Denver Broncos of the American Football League in 1960 and 1961.
- "Joe Young". National Football League. Retrieved 2011-02-01.
- "Joe Young". databaseFootball.com. Archived from the original on November 5, 2013. Retrieved November 4, 2013.
- "Joe Young". Pro-Football-Reference.com. Retrieved 2011-02-01.
- "Arizona All-Americans" (PDF). Arizona Football Media Guide. Retrieved November 4, 2013.
- "Joe Young". Oldest Living Football Players. Retrieved November 4, 2013.
|This biographical article relating to an American football defensive lineman born in the 1930s is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|