November 23, 1968 |
Joe Zee (born November 23, 1968) is a Hong Kong-born Canadian fashion stylist, journalist, and businessman. He was a stylist and was creative director of Elle from January 2007 until April 2014 when he took a position as "editor-in-chief and executive creative officer" of Yahoo Style.
Zee was born in Hong Kong and moved to Toronto at the age of one where he grew up. He stepped into fashion in 1990, at age 22 and ultimately moved to New York City enrolling at the Fashion Institute of Technology.
He was described in a New York Times profile as a leader in the mass market and digital transformation of fashion: "a chatty and approachable ambassador of fashion who has aggressively thrust himself in front of hoi polloi using Twitter, blogs, v-logs and — most visibly — television."
He was a recurring character as boss of the reality series The City.
Zee hosts All on the Line, a fashion series on the Sundance Channel. In each episode, Zee acts a business consultant to a designer who is struggling. He appeared on an episode of Ugly Betty, Mistresses, and General Hospital as himself. He is one of the co-hosts of the ABC daytime talk show The Fab Life.
He is the author of the forthcoming book That's What Fashion Is: Lessons and Stories from My Nonstop, Mostly Glamorous Life in Style (2015).
- "The Daily Celebrates Joe Zee's Birthday". Retrieved 06/09/11. Check date values in:
- Clehane, Diane. "So What Do You Do, Joe Zee, Creative Director, Elle?". MediaBistro. MediaBistro Inc. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- Duggan, Leeann. "Joe Zee Leaves Elle For Yahoo". Refinery 29. Refinery 29. Retrieved 4 November 2014.
- Rubin, Nadine (9 September 2008). "The Celeb Whisperer". New York Post.
- Williams, Alex (16 March 2011). "Fashion's Ambassador: Joe Zee". The New York Times.
- Feiereisen, Sharon (2011-03-29). "Joe Zee is Back with New Reality TV Show". The Fashion Spot. Retrieved 2012-08-04.
- "Joe Zee and Rob Younkers Are Engaged!". People. December 4, 2015. Retrieved February 17, 2016.