May 31, 1993 |
|Height||6 ft 3 in (191 cm)|
|Weight||187 lb (85 kg; 13 st 5 lb)|
|NHL team (P)
St. John's IceCaps (AHL)
|NHL Draft||16th overall, 2011
Joel Armia (born May 31, 1993) is a Finnish ice hockey player currently with the St. John's IceCaps of the American Hockey League (AHL) as a prospect for the Winnipeg Jets of the National Hockey League. He played professionally in his native Finland with Porin Ässät of the SM-liiga Finland. He was selected 16th overall in the 2011 NHL Entry Draft by the Buffalo Sabres.
On June 16, 2012, Armia was signed to a three-year entry level contract with the Sabres.
During his second North American professional season in 2014–15, Armia was recalled from AHL affiliate, the Rochester Americans, and made his NHL debut with the Sabres against the Detroit Red Wings on December 23, 2014. He was then returned to the Americans before on February 11, 2015, Armia was included by the Sabres alongside Tyler Myers, Drew Stafford, Brendan Lemieux and a conditional first-round pick in the 2015 NHL Entry Draft to the Winnipeg Jets in exhcange for Evander Kane, Zach Bogosian and the rights to Jason Kasdorf.
Regular season and playoffs
|2009–10||Porin Ässät||Jr. A SM-l||27||15||6||21||32||5||1||1||2||0|
- "Joel Armia's player profile with his team Porin Ässät" (in Finnish). Porin Ässät.
- "Armia agree to terms on entry-level deal". Buffalo Sabres. 2012-06-16. Retrieved 2012-06-16.
- "Armia to make NHL debut against Red Wings". Buffalo Sabres. 2014-12-23. Retrieved 2014-12-23.
- "Kane, Bogosian dealt to Sabres in eight-player blockbuster deal". TSN. February 11, 2015. Retrieved February 11, 2015.
- Joel Armia's career statistics at EliteProspects.com
- Joel Armia's career statistics at The Internet Hockey Database
- Joel Armia's player profile on Jatkoaika.com
- Joel Armia at Eurohockey.com
|Awards and achievements|
|Buffalo Sabres first round draft pick