Joel G. Block
Joel G. Block
|Born||June 5, 1961|
|Alma mater||California State University, Northridge|
|Occupation||Executive, motivational speaker, expert witness|
Joel G. Block is an American business executive and professional speaker specializing on the topics of real estate, finance, and sales. He also assists attorneys in complex litigation cases involving real estate, securities and alternative investments. Block's roles involve consultation, litigation strategy and expert testimony.
Block has been cited in media and press outlets including Entrepreneur, the Los Angeles Times, Wall Street Journal, Forbes Small Business, San Fernando Valley Business Journal, Investor's Business Daily, Los Angeles Business Journal, and the San Antonio Business Journal.
Block was involved with the iLearning Global, a Brian Tracy organization, as an adult education program faculty member. This elite group was set up for the Top 50 Business Success trainers internationally.
He holds licenses in accounting, real estate, and insurance. In the community, Block is the founder and chairman of the National Association of Syndicators and serves as chairman of the board for the Los Angeles Boys & Girls Club.
Joel G. Block started his career as a tax practitioner and CPA at Price Waterhouse. In 1990, he created Financial Fax, a media publishing company, where he served as CEO and president before it was acquired by the Los Angeles Times in 1995.
From 1996 to 1997, Block served as president and publisher (later becoming a partner) of a sports publishing company in Dallas. He grew this turn-around into the largest fan-based fax publication of its kind in the United States and sold his interest in 1998. From 1998 through 2000, Block served as CEO of two different companies, one in technology and the other in electronic publishing.
In 2001, Block founded Growth-Logic, Inc., a management consultancy company. He also served as chief executive of Sharefax Corp., a business development firm. In 2009, he formed Bullseye Capital, which serves as the real estate syndication arm of Growth-Logic, Inc. It primarily exists as a management company to support the Bullseye Capital Real Property Opportunity Fund, LLC, a real estate private equity initiative set up to acquire distressed commercial and multi-family assets nationwide. Block is the CEO and Managing Director, overseeing 15 Principals, each with a managing interest in the Fund.
- "Joel G. Block, Bullseye Capital" ALM Experts. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- (July 22 - August 4, 2002). "Have You Changed Your Investment Strategy?" San Fernando Valley Business Journal.
- Phinisee, Tamarind (March 6, 2005). "U.S. Global's new fund seeks to tap into emerging growth" San Antonio Business Journal. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- "Joel Block, Business Writer" News Blaze. Retrieved 14 January 2013.
- "Board of Directors" Los Angeles Boys & Girls Club. Retrieved 12 February 2013.
- Garneu, George (March 27, 1993). "Financial Fax has been catching on since its launch last summer." Editor & Publisher. Retrieved 3 January 2013.
- Williams, Geoff (February 1, 2003). "Diversifying Your Business" Entrepreneur. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- Whitehouse, Kaja (March 3, 2002). "GETTING PERSONAL: Options To Avoid Stock Option Overhang". Dow Jones News Service.
- Vaughn, Susan (May 27, 2001). "You Can Pay a High Price for Neglecting Your Negotiating Skills" Los Angeles Times. Retrieved 4 January 2013.
- (February 3, 2011). "OIC teams with Jerry West" Archived 2013-04-11 at Archive.today OurWeekly. Retrieved 4 January 2013.