This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (January 2011) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
In 1981, Garreau published The Nine Nations of North America. In 1991, he published Edge City: Life on the New Frontier. In 2005, he published Radical Evolution: The Promise and Peril of Enhancing Our Minds, Our Bodies—and What It Means to Be Human.
He has served as a fellow at Cambridge University, a Bernard L. Schwartz Fellow at New America Foundation, the University of California at Berkeley and George Mason University. Previously, he was a reporter and editor at The Washington Post.
- Poirier, Marie (22 August 1981). "Joel Garreau, A Journalist In Search Of North America". Montreal Gazette. p. 58. Retrieved 17 January 2011.
- Faculty Profile, Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law, Retrieved 8 January 2017
- Joel Garreau's web site
- Edge City publisher's review at the Library of Congress Web Archives (archived 2002-09-13)
- Profile at KurzweilAI at the Wayback Machine (archived 2003-02-02)
- Profile at New America Foundation
- Profile at Sandra Day O'Connor College of Law
- Homepage for the Future Tense partnership at the Wayback Machine (archived 2013-11-26)
- Interview with Joel Garreau on WorldChanging at the Wayback Machine (archived 2005-06-01)