|Full name||Joel Antonio Reyes Zúñiga|
|Date of birth||8 April 1972|
|Place of birth||Peñaflor, Chile|
|Height||1.76 m (5 ft 9 1⁄2 in)|
|Playing position||Defensive Midfielder|
|2004||U. de Concepción||23||(0)|
|* Senior club appearances and goals counted for the domestic league only and correct as of 31 March 2012.
‡ National team caps and goals correct as of 14 September 2008
He is nicknamed Pelao, which means bonehead in Chilean Spanish.
Born in Peñaflor, he started his career at Chilean second tier side Deportes Colchagua in January 1999 aged 26, a very late age for began to play football. However, on mid-year, Reyes was signed by first-tier club Santiago Morning, being the following season runner–up of the 2000 Copa Chile.
In 2002, he joined Chilean powerhouse Colo-Colo and helped the team to win the Torneo Clausura during club’s bankruptcy period. Then he completed his spell with the club after moving to Universidad de Concepción in 2004 to play the Copa Libertadores, which was the first ever participation of VIII Region–based side.
In January 2005, after a year in Concepción he signed for Unión Española where added another honour to his palmares, reaching again the Torneo Apertura title. At the end of 2006 season Reyes ended his contract with the Spaniards and joined Everton.
On 8 January 2008, after reaching an agreement to terminate his contract with Everton, Reyes signed a contract with Ñublense. An undisputed starter in Chillán–based side, he became the team’s captain and was part of the club’s only one team that play an international tournament after appear playing the Copa Sudamericana.
- Santiago Morning
- Copa Chile: Runner–up 2000
- Unión Española
- Torneo Apertura: 2005
- "Quebrado y todo el Colo se aperó con pelao Joel Reyes". La Cuarta. 15 February 2002. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Joel Reyes — National Football Teams". National Football Teams. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "Ñublense reforzó su mediocampo con Alejandro Osorio y Joel Reyes". Radio Cooperativa. 8 January 2008. Retrieved 18 July 2015.
- "El capitán se va: Joel Reyes no seguirá en Ñublense". CDF. 15 December 2010. Retrieved 18 July 2015.