|Occupation||Voice actor, comedian, writer|
|Home town||Detroit, Michigan|
Joey Camen is an American voice actor, comedian and writer. He is known for his voice over work in various video games and movies.
Camen arrived in Hollywood at the age of 17 from Detroit, Michigan. At age 18 he was a regular performer and master of ceremonies at The Comedy Store on the Sunset Strip. A year later, he was mentored by voice-over actor Daws Butler - better known as the voices of Yogi Bear and Huckleberry Hound.
As a voice-over actor Camen has worked on numerous projects, including video games Skylanders: Giants, Transformers: Dark of the Moon, and Mafia II; the online series Sam & Max, where he voiced two seasons as Bosco and the entire Jimmy 2 Teeth family, and films such as The House of Magic. Camen has voiced spots for various TV and radio commercials. In addition, he was the voice of McGruff the Crime Dog for a series of DVDs shown in public schools throughout the United States.
As a stand-up comic, he has headlined at comedy venues in Las Vegas and in comedy clubs across the country and was the opening act for The Pointer Sisters, Richard Pryor, and Marvin Gaye.
Camen's filmmaking credits include the comedy short Bernie - A Love Story about a man and his mattress in which he was writer-director-producer and actor. The short won the Bronze Award at the Houston International Film Festival.
- American Pop - Freddie
- Cool World - Interrogator #1, Slash, Holli's door
- Darkwing Duck - Stegmutt
- Dinozaurs - Additional Voices
- The House of Magic - Chihuahua
- Jason and the Heroes of Mount Olympus - Additional Voices
- Little Dracula - Werebunny
- Problem Child - Additional Voices
- Shirt Tales - Additional Voices
- Space Jam - Monstar Bang
- Strange Frame: Love & Sax - Police Officer (uncredited)
- Superman - Short Henchman
- The Glo Friends - Various Characters (1986)
- The Little Wizards - Various Characters (1987)
- The Smurfs - Additional Voices
- The Swan Princess II: Escape from Castle Mountain - Knuckles
- The Wild Life - Scrubby
- America's Next Top Model
- Asura's Wrath - Taison
- Bone: The Great Cow Race - Euclid
- Brutal Legend - Kabbage Boy Bassist, Bouncers
- Champions Online - Armadillo, Mechaniste
- Command & Conquer: Red Alert 3 - Imperial Tsunami Tank & Allied Javelin Soldier (uncredited)
- Drakensang: The Dark Eye - Merwin Goodbeet, Merchants, Soldiers, Guards
- EverQuest II - Generic Male Kerran Guard, Generic Male Kerran Merchant, Generic Male Ratonga Merchant
- EverQuest II: Desert of Flames
- Fantastic Four: Rise of the Silver Surfer - Ben Grimm/The Thing, Kl'rt, Super-Skrull
- Gothic 3 - Additional Voices
- Guild Wars - King Jalis Ironhammer, Additional Voices
- Hitman: Absolution - Chester the Bum, Landlord (uncredited)
- Jade Empire - Lucky Cho, Additional Voices
- Mafia II - Leon, Gangsters, Civilians
- Men of Valor - White Marine 2, Pilot
- Saints Row - Stilwater's Resident
- Sam & Max - Bosco, Two-teeth family
- Shattered Steel
- Skylanders: Giants - Terrafin
- Skylanders: SuperChargers - Terrafin
- Skylanders: Swap Force - Free Franger
- Skylanders: Trap Team - Boomer, Free Ranger, Terrafin
- Superman Returns - The Citizens of Metropolis
- The Sopranos: Road to Respect
- Tony Hawk's American Wasteland
- Tournament of Legends
- Transformers: Dark of the Moon - Additional Voices
- Ultimate Spider-Man
- Adventures in Voice Acting - Himself
- Auditions - Black - White Man
- Can I Do It 'Till I Need Glasses? - Himself
- Fairy Tales - Little Dutch Boy
- Growing Pains - Slash
- King of the Mountain - Suds
- Project A - Additional Voices
- Rock Concert - Himself
- Spicy City - Max
- The Hollywood Knights - Pledge
- The Richard Pryor Show - Various, White Guy Who Wants to Be Black
- The Righteous Apples - Samuel 'DC' Rosencrantz
- The Steve Harvey Show - Himself
- Black Jack - GNN Newscaster
- Black Jack: The Movie - GNN Newcaster
- El Hazard: The Magnificent World - Walla
- Eureka Seven - Dr. Greg Egan
- Ghost in the Shell: Stand Alone Complex - Watanabe
- Samurai Champloo - Kuroihara, Kogoro
- "Comedy Store comics come in all sizes". Independent Press-Telegram. Long Beach, California. December 7, 1975. p. 341.
- Lodge, Guy (July 21, 2014). "Film Review: 'The House of Magic'". Variety.
- McCulloh, T.H. (June 23, 1995). "THEATER : Sizing Up the Season's Offerings : Productions range from tiny--one man playing 12 parts--to huge--a WWII drama employing 42 actors.". Los Angeles Times.
- "Joey Camen". The New York Times.
- Vicarious Visions. Skylanders: SuperChargers. Activision. Scene: Closing credits, 7:13 in, Voice Actors.