|Date of birth:||August 2, 1986|
|Place of birth:||Evansville, Indiana|
|Height:||6 ft 2 in (1.88 m)|
|Weight:||216 lb (98 kg)|
|High school:||Evansville (IN) Harrison|
|* Offseason and/or practice squad member only|
|Career highlights and awards|
|Career CFL statistics|
|Stats at CFL.ca|
Joseph Preston Elliott (born August 2, 1986) is a former American football quarterback. He was signed by the Philadelphia Eagles as an undrafted free agent in 2010. He played for the Winnipeg Blue Bombers, BC Lions and Ottawa Redblacks of the Canadian Football League. He played college football at Purdue.
He currently runs the Elliot Quarterback Academy.
|Name||Home town||High school / college||Height||Weight||40‡||Commit date|
|Evansville, Indiana||Harrison High School||6 ft 3 in (1.91 m)||190 lb (86 kg)||4.63||Jul 2, 2004|
|Scout: Rivals: 247Sports: N/A|
|Overall recruiting rankings: Scout: 21 (QB) Rivals: 18 (QB), 5 (IN)|
Elliott played college football at Purdue. He was named co-captain for the 2009 season. He was a 3-time Academic All-Big Ten and was a member of the 2007 Motor City Bowl-winning team over Central Michigan.
Elliott's statistics are as follows:
Winnipeg Blue Bombers
Elliott was signed by the Winnipeg Blue Bombers on July 20, 2010. On October 23, 2010, Elliott saw his first game action after both the starting and second string quarterbacks were knocked out the game due to injury. He started the last two games of the season for the Blue Bombers, both losses.
He began the 2011 season as the second string quarterback, but suffered a season-ending injury in the third game of the season.
In August 2012, Elliot was named the Blue Bombers starting quarterback. In his first start on Aug. 16, the Bombers defeated the Hamilton Tiger-Cats by a score of 32–25. He completed 33 of 43 passes for 406 yards and a touchdown, becoming the first Blue Bomber quarterback to throw for over 400 yards since 2009, and was named the CFL’s Offensive Player of the Week twice.
Elliott was released by the Blue Bombers on March 26, 2013.
On May 24, 2013, Elliott was signed by the BC Lions as one of their quarterbacks. He was released on September 5, 2013, having not played in any regular season game with the Lions, but was re-signed on September 18, 2013.
- "Joey Elliott". Rivals.com. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- "Joey Elliott". Scout.com. Scout. Retrieved March 29, 2012.
- "Elliott, Zwilling named Purdue captains". Evansville Courier & Press. April 19, 2009. Retrieved 2010-05-02.
- "Joey Elliott Statistics". www.sports-reference.com. Sports Reference. Retrieved September 21, 2012.
- Grotz, Bob (April 26, 2010). "Eagles sign 11 undrafted players". The Trentonian. Retrieved 2010-04-27.
- McPherson, Chris (June 10, 2010). "Eagles Sign LB Clayton; Marlin Jackson To IR". PhiladelphiaEagles.com. Retrieved 2010-06-10.
- Bombers release QB Elliott, Canadian safety Logan
- Lowell Ullrich (May 24, 2013). "Leos land Elliott for backup QB role". www2.canada.com. Postmedia Network Inc. Retrieved May 24, 2013.
- Released by Lions
- Elliot Quarterback Academy
- Ottawa RedBlacks profile Archive copy at the Wayback Machine
- Purdue profile