||This biography of a living person needs additional citations for verification. (October 2009) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|Birth name||Joseph Michael Kramer|
|Also known as||Kramedog|
|Born||June 21, 1950|
|Origin||The Bronx, New York City, United States|
|Genres||Hard rock, blues rock, heavy metal|
|Occupation(s)||Musician, songwriter, Businessman|
Kramer married his girlfriend Linda in 2009. They currently reside in Georgetown, near Austin, Texas.
Kramer is credited with originating the name Aerosmith. In his memoir, Kramer revealed that he idly conceived the name Aerosmith while listening to Harry Nilsson's album Aerial Ballet in 1968, two years before the band was formed. Kramer insists that there is no connection between the name "Aerosmith" and Sinclair Lewis' novel Arrowsmith. Shortly before joining Aerosmith Kramer worked with Chubby & The Turnpikes (later to be known as Tavares) alongside Bernie Worrell. He made a guest appearance in the 22nd season of The Simpsons, in the episode "The Ned-Liest Catch", as a former partner of Bart's teacher Mrs. Krabappel, as told in the third season episode Flaming Moe's, which featured the whole of Aerosmith, the first ever band to guest star on the show. In 2015, Kramer tweeted about how he had been made into a Simpsons action figure.
In June 2011, Kramer did a fan Q&A and revealed his open-mindedness to outside writers, stating he does not care about it as long as it's all five members of Aerosmith playing the material written.
In 2013 Kramer announced his new partnership with Comfort Foods, Inc. who now will roast, package and distribute his whole bean, organic coffee line: Rockin’ & Roastin’ Coffee.
In 2015, he announced a business partnership with Les Otten, the former vice chairman of the Boston Red Sox, to open two Joey Kramer's Rockin’ & Roastin’ Café and Restaurant. The first restaurant is located in Newry, Maine at the foot of the Sunday River Ski Resort, the second restaurant located in North Attleborough, Massachusetts.
Aerosmith songs written
The following Aerosmith songs have a writing credit given to Joey Kramer:
- "Pandora's Box" from Get Your Wings
- "Kings and Queens" from Draw the Line
- "The Hand That Feeds" from Draw The Line
- "The Hop" from Done With Mirrors
- "The Movie" from Permanent Vacation
- "Krawhitham" from Pandora's Box
- "Beautiful" from Music From Another Dimension!
- "Lover Alot" from Music From Another Dimension!
- "Can't Stop Lovin' You" from Music From Another Dimension!
- "Closer" from Music From Another Dimension!
- 14" A Mastersound Hi Hats (Brilliant)
- 19" A Custom Crash
- 18" A Armand Medium Thin Crash
- 21" A Mega Bell Ride
- 19" A Custom Projection Crash
- 14" A Custom Rezo Hi Hats
- 20" A Custom Crash
Current cymbal setup:
- 14" A new beat hi-hats
- 19" A custom projection crash
- 20" A crash/ride
- 21" A mega bell bell ride
- 15" A new beat hi-hats
- 20" A custom projection ride
- 19" K custom hybrid china
Joey Kramer Signature kit in Orange Sparkle Lacquer with White Powder-Coated hardware
- 14" X 24" Bass drum
- 9" X 13" Tom
- 16" X 16" Floor tom
- 16" X 18" Floor tom
- 6.5" X 14" Joey Kramer Signature Snare drum
- Pearl Crystal Beat series drums
- Graff, Gary (June 30, 2009). "Aerosmith Drummer Pens Hard-Hitting Book". Billboard. Retrieved July 1, 2009.
- The religion of Joey Kramer, rock musician - Adherents.com www.adherents.com/people/pk/Joey_Kramer.html Nov 23, 2005 - The religious affiliation (religion) of Joey Kramer, a famous rock and roll ... it's certain that drummer Joey Kramer was once a nice Jewish boy. The Secret Jewish History of Aerosmith - Culture – Forward.com forward.com/culture/187514/the-secret-jewish-history-of-aerosmith/ Nov 13, 2013 - But few people know the Jewish history that helped make enduring ... Tyler recruited a drummer named Joey Kramer, who was attending ... Jewcy.com | The Jews Who Rock Wiki jewcy.com/jewish-arts-and-culture/music/the-jews-who-rock-wiki Nov 15, 2006 - It's a long, long list of every more-or-less bigtime Jew in music. ... person, it's certain that drummer Joey Kramer was once a nice Jewish boy. Jewish Rockers - Weird Jews weirdjews.livejournal.com/1887110.html Aug 23, 2008 - Al Kooper. Joey Kramer (Aerosmith Drummer). Lenny Kravitz (Father is Jewish). Robbie Krieger (The Doors). Leiber and Stoller (Did Elvis know ... list of jewish music celebrities - Stormfront https://www.stormfront.org › International › Stormfront Britain › General Discussion Nov 11, 2005 - In the early seventies he was a member of the band Stories, which scored ... it's certain that drummer Joey Kramer was once a nice Jewish boy. Religion of Aerosmith; Joey Kramer is Jewish. Steven Tyler is Catholic. www.comicbookreligion.com/?c=19799&Aerosmith The real-life rock band Aerosmith was the cover-featured guest feature in Shadowman #19 (Nov. 1993). The band itself isn't really "Jewish Catholic." Band ...
- didJEWknow?: How Jew Like Me Now? didjewknow.blogspot.com/2008/01/how-jew-like-me-now.html Jan 26, 2008 - So since we got this info from that site lets shine a spotlight on Aerosmith resident Jew and Drummer Joey Kramer, 53, who grew up in a ... celebrity Jews in the news | j. the Jewish news weekly of Northern ... www.jweekly.com/article/full/20720/celebrity-jews-in-the-news/ Oct 10, 2003 - Aerosmith features the spare, powerful drumming of Joey Kramer, 53, who grew up in a middle-class home in the New York suburbs. Poconut • View topic - "The drummers of Poco" research assistance ... www.poconut.org/forum/viewtopic.php?f=2&t=3183 Apr 27, 2011 - 10 posts - 9 authors Famous Jewish rock drummers... Max Weinberg...E Street Band Joey Kramer...Aerosmith Steven Adler..Guns and Roses Mickey Hart...Grateful ...
- "Archived copy". Archived from the original on December 10, 2015. Retrieved December 8, 2015.
- "Rocker turned coffee mogul opens the dorors to coffeehouse in N. Attleborough, MA.". Retrieved July 22, 2016.
- "Pearl Welcomes Joey Kramer". Pearl Drums. April 2, 2014. Retrieved September 11, 2014.