Joey San Nicolas
|Joey Patrick San Nicolas|
|Mayor of Tinian|
January 12, 2015
|Preceded by||Ramon Muña Dela Cruz|
|Attorney General of the Northern Mariana Islands|
October 23, 2012 – July 5, 2014
|Preceded by||Edward Taylor Buckingham, III|
|Succeeded by||Gilbert Joseph Birnbrich|
|Born||1973/1974 (age 42–43)|
|Alma mater||Chaminade University
William Mitchell College of Law
On October 23, 2012 San Nicolas was nominated as the Attorney General, and appointed in an acting capacity, by Governor Benigno Fitial. On November 16, 2012, he was unanimously confirmed by the CNMI Senate on his native Tinian and sworn in later that day. He succeeded acting Attorney General Ellsbeth Viola Alepuyo, who was appointed after Edward Buckingham fled the island in scandal. San Nicolas resigned in July 2014, to run for Mayor of Tinian. He was succeeded by Deputy Attorney General Gilbert Joseph Birnbrich.
- "Accomplishments of law school graduate lauded". Saipan Tribune. August 9, 2003. Retrieved November 19, 2012.
- Eugenio, Haidee (October 24, 2012). "Governor Nominates San Nicolas As Attorney General". Saipan Tribune. Retrieved April 12, 2016.
- Eugenio, Haidee (November 19, 2012). "CNMI has new attorney general". Saipan Tribune.
- Eugenio, Haidee (August 14, 2012). "Attorney General Tenders Second Resignation". Saipan Tribune. Retrieved April 12, 2016.
- "AG Joey San Nicolas resigns". Marianas Variety. June 5, 2014. Retrieved September 6, 2014.
- Eugenio, Haidee (August 5, 2014). "Inos appoints Birnbrich as AG". Saipan Tribune. Retrieved April 12, 2016.
Edward Taylor Buckingham, III
|Attorney General of the Northern Mariana Islands
Gilbert Joseph Birnbrich
|This American law-related biographical article is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|
|This article about a Northern Mariana Islands politician is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|