|Full name||Jofra Chioke Archer|
|Born||1 April 1995|
|Domestic team information|
|2016–present||Sussex (squad no. 22)|
|2017–present||Hobart Hurricanes (squad no. 22)|
|First-class debut||8 July 2016 Sussex v Pakistan|
|List A debut||24 July 2016 Sussex v Gloucestershire|
Source: ESPNcricinfo, 29 September 2018
Jofra Chioke Archer (born 1 April 1995) is a Barbadian born English cricketer who plays for Sussex County Cricket Club. Archer has an English father and British passport, but initially was not eligible to play for England until the winter of 2022. The England and Wales Cricket Board (ECB) rules stated that as he did not live in England until after his 18th birthday, he needed to complete a seven year residency period. Archer played for West Indies Under-19s three times in 2014 but has signalled his intention to make himself available to England once his residency period was complete. However, in November 2018, the ECB announced a change to its rules, reducing the eligibility period from seven years to three.
On 8 July 2016 he made his first-class debut for Sussex during Pakistan's tour of England. On 24 July 2016, he made his List A debut against Gloucestershire in the 2016 Royal London One-Day Cup.
In January 2018, he was bought by the Rajasthan Royals in the 2018 IPL auction for £800,000. On 22 April 2018, against the Mumbai Indians on his Indian Premier League (IPL) debut, he took three wickets and was named the player of the match award.
- "Jofra Archer". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Jofra Archer's England World Cup chances played down - but not ruled out". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 10 December 2018.
- "Jofra Archer: Why has an IPL team just paid £800,000 for a little-known cricketer?". BBC Sport. 1 February 2018. Retrieved 1 February 2018.
- "Jofra Archer could play for England at World Cup after ECB amend eligibility rules". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- "Jofra Archer could play for England next year after ECB changes residency rules". BBC Sport. Retrieved 29 November 2018.
- "Pakistan tour of England and Ireland, Tour Match: Sussex v Pakistanis at Hove, Jul 8-10, 2016". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 8 July 2016.
- "Royal London One-Day Cup, South Group: Gloucestershire v Sussex at Cheltenham, Jul 24, 2016". ESPNcricinfo. Retrieved 24 July 2016.
- "List of sold and unsold players". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 27 January 2018.
- "21st match (N), Indian Premier League at Jaipur, Apr 22 2018 | Match Summary | ESPNCricinfo". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "Archer, Gowtham hand Mumbai another final-over defeat". ESPN Cricinfo. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "An IPL debut to remember for Jofra Archer". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 23 April 2018.
- "Jofra Archer trumps Eoin Morgan with last-over hat-trick". International Cricket Council. Retrieved 3 August 2018.