This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)
|• Body||Nagar Panchayat|
|Elevation||67 m (220 ft)|
|• Main||Maithili, Nepali, Hindi & English|
|Time zone||UTC+5:30 (IST)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Araria|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Forbesganj|
Jogbani is a town, a notified area and a railway station in Araria District of Bihar state, India. It lies on the Indo-Nepal border with Morang District, Koshi Zone and is a gateway to Biratnagar city. There is a customs checkpoint for goods at the border. Indian and Nepalese nationals cross without restrictions.
Jogbani is the economical town of Bihar ( India) situated in the eastern region having dense population of 2,34,891 since 2001 population census. The city earns huge custom per annum of approximately NRS 812,652,971,344,00. Jogbani city is near to Forbesganj, Bihar from southern part of it.
NH 527 starts from Jogbani that connects it to Forbesganj. Forbesganj is well connected to all part of India by NH 27. So, Jogbani has direct connectivity to Purnia, Katihar, Bhagalpur, Saharsa, Patna, Siliguri, Guwahati and Gorakhpur.
Jogbani railway station is the last railway station of Barauni-Katihar, Saharsa and Purnia sections. Jogbani has a good connectivity to North India and East India. DEMU trains are available for Purnia and Katihar. Two express trains are originate for Delhi and Kolkata. People of Biratnagar and other nearby region of Nepal takes their train from here due no railway in their locality.
Jogbani ICP Project
- The total project cost for Jogbani is Rs. 82.49 crore.
- DPR and DER has been completed and approved by ESC.
- Land has been acquired and handed over to SSB.
- NIT has been issued on 12.03.2010 and the bids were opened on 19.04.2010. The work has been awarded to successful bidder.
- ICP jogbani has been fully functional from 15 Nov 2016.
- Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd (A Government of India Enterprise) is custodian of ICP Jogbani.
List of Banks
- State Bank of India
- Central Bank of India
- UCO Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Uttar Gramin Bank
List of Schools
- Mala Memorial English School
- Adarsh Shiksha Niketan
- DNP School
- Sarswati Vidhya Mandir
- High School Jogbani
- Rajkiya Madhya Vidhyalaya Jogbani
- Balika High School
- Saint Francisco English Boarding School
- Zenith Public School
- Prathmik Vidyalay Khajur Bari
- Lila Public School
- "Jogabani Census". censusindia.gov.in. Retrieved 15 September 2015.
|This article related to a location in Bihar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|