|This article needs additional citations for verification. (July 2013) (Learn how and when to remove this template message)|
|• Body||Nagar Palika|
|Elevation||67 m (220 ft)|
|• Main||Maithili, Nepali & Hindi|
|Time zone||IST (UTC+5:30)|
|Lok Sabha constituency||Araria|
|Vidhan Sabha constituency||Forbesganj|
Jogbani is a town, a notified area and a railway station in Araria District of Bihar state, India. It lies on the Indo-Nepal border with Morang District, Koshi Zone and is a gateway to Biratnagar city. There is a customs checkpoint for goods at the border. Indian and Nepalese nationals cross without restrictions.
Jogbani is the economical city of Bihar(India) situated in the eastern region having dense population of 2,34,891 since 2001 population census. The city earns huge custom per annum of approximately NRS 812,652,971,344,00. Jogbani city is near to Forbesganj, Bihar from southern part of it.
Jogbani is connected to the rest of India by an all-weather metalled highway, National Highway 57A
Jogbani ICP Project
- The total project cost for Jogbani is Rs. 82.49 crore.
- DPR and DER has been completed and approved by ESC.
- Land has been acquired and handed over to SSB.
- NIT has been issued on 12.03.2010 and the bids were opened on 19.04.2010. The work has been awarded to successful bidder.
- ICP jogbani has been fully functional from 15 Nov 2016.
- Balmer Lawrie & Co. Ltd (A Government of India Enterprise) is custodian of ICP Jogbani.
List of Banks
- State Bank of India
- Central Bank of India
- UCO Bank of India
- Punjab National Bank
- Uttar Gramin Bank
List of Schools
- Mala Memorial English School
- Adarsh Shiksha Niketan
- DNP School
- Sarswati Vidhya Mandir
- High School Jogbani
- Rajkiya Madhya Vidhyalaya Jogbani
- Balika High School
- Saint Francisco English Boarding School
- Jenith Public School
|This article related to a location in Bihar is a stub. You can help Wikipedia by expanding it.|