Johan Cruyff Institute
|Motto||Educating the next generation of Leaders in Sport Management|
The academic institution was founded in 1999 with a program for 35 athletes as part of the Johan Cruyff Academy of Amsterdam and has since then become a global network. In 2002, the Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona was opened and established as the international headquarters, and the expansion proceeded to Mexico (2003), Amsterdam (2006), Stockholm (2011) and Peru (2013).
There are 5 Johan Cruyff Institute (postgraduate and executive education), 3 Johan Cruyff Academy (graduate education) and 5 Johan Cruyff College (vocational training).
The Johan Cruyff Institute learning programs have been designed by sport industry professionals enriched by personal experiences from faculty and students. Its academic programs are distinctive and tailor made for the specific needs of athletes and sports professionals. The learning experience students go through, is boosted by its learning model which is:
- 100% Sports-oriented
- Based on the principle of 'Learning by doing'
- Flexible, diverse and using the latest technologies
- Motivational, communicative and participative
- Adapted to each individual's workload and availability
The sport industry has had a growing impact on the global economy over the last 20 years with investment in public infrastructure, mobilizing resources and creating new professions and jobs. Today it is one of the professional sectors with the most economic momentum, creating opportunities for many people who aspire to a future in the world of sports. Sport Management is a field of education concerning the business aspects of sports.
In markets that are becoming increasingly more competitive, sport marketing and sponsorship have become high impact areas for business success. Consequently, there is a growing demand for trained specialists in the whole sports marketing cycle, both in sports companies as well as in sports foundations, associations, federations and organizations.
Football is undoubtedly the most powerful and most popular sport in the world, linking communities, stirring emotions and breaking down cultural barriers. Football has also become one of the most profitable industries, with a significant economic impact in infrastructure development, sponsorships, TV rights and transfers of players.
Coaching is more than the use of tactical and technical knowledge as per Johan Cruyff’s vision. Coaching is about managing oneself, the players & staff, the team and the environment. Each participant’s personal background is the base for their further development and better understanding of themselves as a coach and/or manager .
- Official Master's degree in Sport Management
- Master in Football Business in partnership with FC Barcelona
- Master in Sport Management
- Master in Sport Marketing & Sponsorship
- Master in Coaching
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Management
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sport Marketing
- Postgraduate Diploma in Sponsorship
- Postgraduate Diploma in Football Business
- Course in Football Business Fundamentals
- Course in Sport Management Fundamentals
- Course in Strategic Management of Sport Organizations
- Course in Financial Management of Sport Organizations
- Course in Innovation and Leadership in Sport Organizations
- Course in Sport Facility Management
- Course in Sport Event Management
Johan Cruyff Institute
- Johan Cruyff Institute Barcelona
- Johan Cruyff Institute Amsterdam
- Johan Cruyff Institute Mexico
- Johan Cruyff Institute Peru
- Johan Cruyff Institute Stockholm
Johan Cruyff Academy
Johan Cruyff College
- Johan Cruyff College Amsterdam
- Johan Cruyff College Enschede
- Johan Cruyff College Groningen
- Johan Cruyff College Nijmegen
- Johan Cruyff College Roosendaal
The Johan Cruyff Institute features among the top 25 in the annual ranking of the best educational programs in Sports Management worldwide from over 500 selected proposals, and was ranked 2nd in the online mode, 14th in the on-campus mode and 5th best in Europe (source: SportBusiness International Magazine, June 2015).
- Edwin van der Sar, CEO at AFC Ajax
- Craig Foster, Chief Football Analyst/Presenter at SBS
- Esther Vergeer, Tournament Director - ABN AMRO Wheelchair Tennis Tournament
- Memo Ochoa, Professional Football Player
- Edith Bosch, Co-Owner - The Impowerment Company
- Jan Bos, Former Coach - Kia Speedskating Academy
- Richard Schuil, Business Coordinator - Thomas St John Group ; Co Owner - TopSport & Finance
- Gretar Steinsson, Technical director at Fleetwood Town FC
- Jordi Villacampa, Former President, Club Joventut Badalona
- Sergio Lozano, Professional Futsal player at FC Barcelona
- Marlou van Rhijn, Paralympic sprinter
- Alfreð Finnbogason, Professional football player for FC Augsburg
- Bibian Mentel, Winter Paralympics (Snowboarding) gold-medalist  ; Founder - Mentelity Foundation 
- Akwasi Frimpong, Sprinter, bobsledder, and skeleton athlete  ; Owner at Golden Events Management (GEM USA)
- David Alegre, Spanish field hockey midfielder
- Jennifer Pareja, 2012 Summer Olympics waterpolo player silver-medalist
- Rubén Vergés, 2010 Olympic halfpipe Snowboarder
- "About Johan Cruyff Institute". Johan Cruyff Institute. Johan Cruyff Institute.
- Johan Cruyff Institute Students
- Johan Cruyff Academy
- "Why Sports Management Needs Unique Educational Models".
- "Johan Cruyff Institute academic programs".
- "Fundamentals of Sport Management".
- "Sports Industry 101: Breaking Into The Business Of Sports".
- "What you need to know about sports marketing in 2017 and beyond". Archived from the original on 2017-03-08.
- "25 World's Most Popular Sports (Ranked by 13 factors)".
- "Globalization of the football market will drive many of the changes in the next couple of years". Archived from the original on 2017-08-06.
- ""You can only coach others if you can coach yourself" Johan Cruyff".
- "UAB and Johan Cruyff Institute create the first official master's degree in Sport Management".
- "FC Barcelona and Johan Cruyff Institute join forces in sport management".
- "Johan Cruyff Institute".
- Edwin van der Sar, LinkedIn
- Craig Foster, LinkedIn
- "Best players in the world Rotterdam for the 10th ABN AMRO World Wheelchair Tennis Tournament".
- Student "Memo" Ochoa & former student Edwin van der Sar in Ranking Best Goalkeeper of the XXI Century[permanent dead link]
- "Edith Bosch, LinkedIn".
- "Kia Speed Skating Academy starts new skating season".
- "Richard Schuil, LinkedIn".
- "TopSport Finance - Richard Schuil".
- Gretar Rafn Steinsson, LinkedIn
- Jordi Villacampa rates his time spent as President of Club Joventut
- "Futsal Squad - FC Barcelona".
- Eva Rooijers. "Marlou van Rhijn: 'Ik houd heel erg van winnen'". Folia (in Dutch). Cruyff Institute. Archived from the original on 22 February 2013. Retrieved 9 September 2012.
- "Athlete Profile - Bibian Mentel-Spee".
- "PyeongChang 2018: Bibian Mentel-Spee's comeback stuns snowboard".
- "Winter Paralympics: Bibian Mentel-Spee wins gold against the odds".
- "Mentelityfoundation, Instagram".
- "Athlete profile - Akwasi Frimpong".
- "Winter Olympics 2018: Akwasi Frimpong is Ghana's first skeleton competitor".
- "Winter Olympics: Akwasi Frimpong - from illegal immigrant to Olympian".
- "Akwasi Frimpong, LinkedIn".
- "Golden Events Management Founder".
- "Olympic Games - Jennifer Pareja".
- "Olympic games - Rubén Vergés".